Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 40: Say What?

Hey der. The chapter after this will probably be kind of mild. Tell me if you want any other point of views cuz I'll gladly do them. :P Vote and comment if you please. :)

Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 40: Say What?

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked, wanting to make sure I didn't hear him wrong.

Paxton's face turned serious and he pointed a finger at me.

"You," he said, "Are going to return with me to my pack."

"But why?" I blurted, dread filling my stomach.

He sighed, "Because you are a Moon. It is tradition that you stay in the Moon pack. Your mother was the first and last wolf to rebel. Also, if I were to die, my title would be passed down to you. You'd lead the pack as you are the second-oldest eligible Moon."

My breath caught in my throat. No, he couldn't force me to move packs. I knew for a fact that the Moon pack was no where near Blake's land. Paxton raised an eyebrow at my silence and I shook my head.

"No, I won't do it. My life is here and I am not a Moon. I am Violet Wolffe."

He growled, "You have Evangeline's blood running through your veins. Therefore, you are one of us."

"But my friends are here." I reasoned.

"You can make friends in my pack." He replied, easily brushing past my argument.

I don't know why I said it, but out of desperation, I blurted, "But my mate his here."

At this, an amused smile appeared on Paxton's face.

"Really? Who exactly is this mate of yours?" He asked, although there was something mocking in his eyes.

I gulped. Who do I say? If I were to say 'Blake', there was a small chance Paxton would claim this pack as his, challenging Blake as Alpha. I couldn't do that to Blake, so I took the safer option.

"The man holding me earlier. I thought it was obvious." I stated, hoping he'd buy my lie.

Paxton's tongue darted out and swiped across his bottom lip as he looked at me, calculating.

"The ex-alpha? Axel, is it?"

Biting my lip, I nodded.

His eyes gleamed, "Are you sure?"

I nodded furiously and he smirked.

"Well, seeing as he has no important role in this pack, we can take him with us." He said, dark humor filling his eyes.

My jaw nearly dropped. Hell. If I had told him it was Blake, would he have let me stay? Ah, stupid Violet!

"I'll give you a week to break the news. Be ready by next Friday." He said with finality in his tone. With that, he grabbed his jacket and strode out of the room. I stood there, staring at the ground. What had I just done?

"He can't do that!" Yelled Ace, throwing his hands down onto the table.

Axel was silent, a calculating look on his face, and Blake sighed, rubbing his temples.

"The thing is, Ace, he can." He said, opening his pain filled eyes.

Ace scoffed, "he can, can he?"

Blake's eyes connected with mine and, as usual, I was sucked into them until he looked away.

"Because of her bloodline." He bit out, "the Moons have a right to taking her back as she is a Moon. And before you say her father is in this pack, that won't help either. This is not Alec's actual pack, remember? Violet's parents left both of their packs and moved to this one."

Ace's shoulders fell and the challenging look in his eyes disappeared.

"So you're saying, we actually only have a week left with Violet... And that's it?" He asked, head down and fists clenching.

"No."

Axel spoke up and we all turned to him. His eyes were blazing and one side of his mouth lifted up into a snarl.

"We are not going to let them take Violet." He said, "atleast not without a fight."

I grabbed his arm and shook my head, "You can't do that. You can't put my safety before the pack's!"

Axel grabbed my shoulders and crushed me to him. He held me so close, I could feel every dip and curve of his torso.

"No, Violet. We don't know what they'll do to you. Once you're out of this pack, you won't be under our protection any more." He said, pulling back.

"He's right." I turned to face Blake and he gave me a small smile.

"We'll train. All you need to do is stall for time." He explained, but suddenly the smile dropped from his face. Instead, his eyes turned into molten gold and his muscles tensed.

"I'm not letting you out of my sight again." He growled and his eyes darted to Axel, "If this plan doesn't work, I won't hesitate to mark you."

My wolf purred appreciatively, loving the dominating side of her mate. Heat pooled inside me and I shook my head, ridding myself of naughty thoughts. Blake's glowing eyes held me captive, filled with raw desire, and I knew that he was serious.

"That's it for today!" Axel blew his whistle and dismissed everyone. Breathing heavily, I left my partner and went to him. His shoulders were tense, so I wrapped my arms around him from behind, ignoring the fact that we were both sweaty. He relaxed in my arms, shoulders dropping as he turned around and returned the gesture. I felt his breath in my hair as he sighed deeply. His thick arms rounded my waist and I looked up at him.

"You look stressed." I said and he rolled his eyes.

"You know, I didn't realize." He replied, gazing down at me through humor filled eyes.

I chuckled and bit my lip. His eyes darted down to my lips and began to glow.

"Alrightey mister." I exclaimed, pulling away, "I think it's time for you take a shower and sleep."

I began pulling him, but he didn't budge.

"Violet." He whined, tugging on my arm. I rolled my eyes and turned back to him. Pouting, he pointed to his lips.

"Pwease?" He asked, "I haven't had any Violet action since last week."

At this, I raised an eyebrow, "you've been getting some action from someone else?"

His face paled as he began stuttering, "I didn't... I-I meant that..."

I laughed at his reaction and shook my head.

"You sure do have a way with words." I grinned, getting onto my tippy toes and lightly pecking him.

But Axel was having none of that. Before I could pull away, he grabbed my hips and tugged me towards him. I managed to laugh lightly through the kiss and he growled, deepening it. His tongue darted into my mouth and I moaned, grabbing a fistful of his hair and tugging. His fingers dug into my waist before they went around my back, roaming. We broke the kiss off, both needing air. Axel buried his hands into my hair, gently tilting my head back. His eyes glowed a brilliant gold as he stared at my bare neck. His canines slid out and he dragged them up and down my neck. I wasn't worried about him marking me. I trusted Axel and knew that he wouldn't do it without my permission.

The sharp tips grazed the base of my neck and he nipped at the skin there. I moaned and he retracted his canines, instead leaving open mouthed kisses. He sucked on my neck in several places and I knew that I'd be left with a ton of hickeys. Growling, I grabbed his head, pulled it away from my neck and smashed our lips together. He returned my growl, although it was deeper and sexier. Yet again, our tongues battled for dominance, but he won. He probed my mouth, hands running up and down my back. Eventually, we pulled away from each other. He rested his forehead against mine, breathing heavily.

I grinned, "That good enough for you?"

And...what do you think? Yeah, it's pretty short. As for the , uh... 'romantic' scenes, this is far as I'll probably go 'cuz going all the way is more r-rated and I don't do that stuff...atleast not for another three years :P