Chapter 8: I Hate That I Love You

*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*

Levi's PoV

    It's already seven o'clock when I decided that the study's over. I stood up and collected all of my stuffs.

    "We're finished?" He removed his gaze from his— my — notes and looked up to me. I just gave him a curt nod and went to my bed where I put my bag. I heard him sighed in relief as he stood up and packed his belongings. I walked to the door to go outside but he grabbed my arm. I looked at him irritated. Can't he see that I want to fucking avoid him as much as possible?

    "Wait, Levi!" I removed his grip from my arm. "What the fuck do you want?"

    "I- uhm..." He shifted his weight from foot to foot and looked around to avoid looking at me.

    "If you have nothing to say then I'll fucking go." I turned around and started walking again. He didn't call me this time so I was relieved.

    When I heard his answer earlier, I totally let go of my hopes for him. He said it, and it's fucking idiotic to hold on to something that's impossible to happen.

    I absentmindedly climbed down the stairs. My mind is blank and all I feel is pain. Damn it, why is this happening to me?

  As I went down, my feet suddenly slipped and I fell out of balance causing me to yelp. I tried to get a grip on the handle but I failed. I just closed my eyes as I waited to feel my ass being slipped down the fucking stairs but it didn't come. What happened is I felt someone pulled me up and I landed on the floor with something— or someone on top of me.

    I groaned before I opened my eyes. "What the fuck, you're heavy get off—" My eyes widen as I saw the familiar turquoise eyes right in front of me, our noses centimeters apart from each other. I can feel his breath on my lips and the familiar feeling of my stomach churning as well as the loud beat of my heart.

    I was stunned. I can't move. My mind is telling me that I should get up and push him away but my fucking body feels like it's paralyzed. So I just stayed there, looking at his captivating eyes.

    "I heard a yelp, what's happening he—" I looked to where Mikasa's voice came from and saw that she's looking at us. Erwin stood behind her looking at us in confusion. Realizing the position we were in, I pushed him off of me and stood up.

    "Why are you in that position?" Erwin eyed us in suspicion, his eyes demanding for an honest answer. I rolled my eyes.

    "We're going to fuck in the middle of this damn corridor." With an answer  dripping with sarcasm, I started walking downstairs, pushing Mikasa and Erwin out of the way. I heard Eren explained the situation to them.

    I was pouring some water in a kettle when they went down. Mikasa and Eren stayed on the living room while Erwin went here in the kitchen.

    "Levi..." I looked up from my cup to him. "What?"

    "Do you have anything to do tomorrow?"

    "Except for breathing and laying my ass on my bed, I don't." I looked down on my cup and poured the hot water to it.

     "Then would you like to have a dinner with me tomorrow?" My hand handling a tea bag stopped in mid-air. Ah yes, he wanted to court me and I allowed him so we're currently dating. I sighed and continued to make my tea. After some dips of the tea bag, my tea is ready. I looked at Erwin and saw his hopeful eyes once again. I sighed before I answered. "Okay."