Chapter 28: Another Day

*****
Levi's PoV

After Erwin left, I still stood there for a while, the scene that just happened continuously replaying in my mind like a fucking tape in repeat. With a heavy feeling of guilt over me, I went back inside the house, not seeing a single trace of Erwin. I went straight to where our room is in hope that Eren will somehow lessen this shitty feeling.

I quietly opened the door and went inside the room before closing the door behind me. I saw Eren staring at his phone with a blank face, sitting on the edge of the bed. I walked closer until I'm in front of him and I looked down at his phone only to see a blank screen.

"Eren..."

He didn't look up like he didn't hear me called him. I placed my hand on his shoulder and didn't attempt to call him this time. He wouldn't hear me even if I did. His head shot up to look at me, his eyes wide in surprise. It went back to normal when he saw that it's only me.

"Oh, it's you."

I frowned at the response I got. "Oh, it's you"?, that's the least answer I thought that I'll hear from him but it is what I got. I didn't push it to prevent causing any misunderstanding. It's a petty thing, anyway.

"Yeah, it's me."

I walked to where I put my bag earlier and fetched myself some clothes. Throughout the whole time I was walking around, I can feel his gaze following me, watching my every move. Even after I took a bath, I can still feel him watching me. After I finished drying my hair with a towel, I looked at him and our eyes immediately met.

"Is there something wrong?"

He didn't move his gaze away from me but I saw him clenched and unclenched his fists through my peripheral vision. I can't help the worry building inside of me."There's nothing wrong, Levi."

He looked up and gave me a smile but unlike the others, this one didn't reach his eyes. He shifted himself until he's sitting near the bed's headboard. He patted the empty side in which I am going to sleep at.

I went to the side of the bed and sat before he pulled me down. My head is resting on his shoulder while one of his arm is draped over my waist and the other held the back of my head, spooning me. His comforting warmth radiated out of him, making me feel warm all over. I welcomed the feeling as I snuggled closer to him. He kissed the crown of my head and we laid there, letting a peaceful silence take over us.

I still feel the guilt looming over me but Eren's presence is enough to bring my mind into easiness. He started running his fingers through my hair and I gripped the front of his shirt. Amidst the silence reigning over us, he spoke, his voice soft.

"Hey, Levi, can I ask you something?" I nodded and let out a "Mhm,". "Why did you tell me to go here and not wait for you?"

My chest suddenly tightened. First, because the scene that I tried to pry off of my damn mind replayed once again and second was because Eren's voice sounded so skittish, like he's testing the water, like he's just waiting for me to snap at him. I knew that he already has a fucking clue. I can feel it. And that's why he said it in a way so careful- he's waiting if I'll snap at him for prying in my own business.

"I talked to him."

His fingers' movement through my hair ceased and I heard how his breath hitched. I didn't bother to say his name, fully aware that Eren's capable of knowing who I am talking about even without a name involved.