Chapter 23: Lost Memories

I remember the first time I saw the official art of Erwin and Levi. I asked myself, 'Why does Levi looked so stressed and tired?' Then yesterday, I saw the picture in the multimedia and I was like, 'Oohh, so that's why.'  XD

*****
Levi's PoV

"Who... who are you?"

I stared at him in shock. What did he just fucking ask? He's asking me who I am?

"Oi, Eren. Fucking stop playing dumb, will you?"

His eyes widen. "How did you know my name? Who are you? What are you doing here?"

"Come on, Eren. I'm Levi, your boyfriend. Stop acting now, it's not fucking funny."

I tried to get closer to him but he flinched and raised one hand. He looked at me with wide eyes, traces of fear and confusion in it.

"D-don't get close to me. I don't know who you are."

It can't be. This can't be fucking happening. He just can't forget me like that.

"Eren..." My voice sounded so desperate and I fucking am. He can't forget me like I'm just some useless shit. I'm his goddamn boyfriend for fuck's sake! "Eren, listen to me. I'm Levi, your boyfriend. We just got together two months ago before you got in an accident and was in a coma. You just woke up after sleeping for two months. Don't you remember that?"

"What the hell are you talking about? It's the first time I heard your name. I don't have a boyfriend. Maybe you had mistaken me for someone."

Hearing those words from him fucking shattered not only my heart but my whole being into pieces. What is this? Did he really forget about me? About us?

I want to cry. I want to hurt someone. After waiting for two fucking months this is all I would get? All of our damn memories erased and instantly turning me into a fucking stranger?

"Eren, you can't just forget me like that! You promised me! You even gave me a fucking ring! How could you just forget about that! You couldn't— you... you..."

My legs gave in and my body fell to the floor. My head hang heavily between my shoulder, my gaze fixed on the ring he gave me.

This isn't happening. All of this is just a dream— a fucking nightmare that I'll wake up from. This can't be real.

But if isn't, then why am I hurting so much?

"Look, Levi. I don't —"

I looked up and glared at him. My vision got blurry as my tears started to roll down uncontrollably again. "Have you really forgotten everything about me? About us?"

He's awake, I finally heard his sweet voice, I finally saw his turquoise eyes but instead of feeling happiness, all I can feel is hurt. It hurts so fucking much it should be illegal.

"Sorry but, I really don't have any idea what you're talking about."

Each of his words hit me like a fucking bullet straight to the heart. My chest tightened and suddenly it's harder to breathe. The pain spread throughout my every fiber of my being.