Chapter 30: Already Over

What do you think about Levi having blonde hair? Still looks good for me.

*****
Levi's PoV

"I didn't know that you're such a fucking cheater, Levi."

I stared at him, dumbfounded. Did he call me a 'fucking cheater'? The hell is he talking about?

"What the fuck are you talking about?"

His face remained impassive but his eyes gave away all of the emotions he's hiding. Confusion, pain, betrayal, that's what you can see in his eyes. "You're really asking me that? Really, Levi?"

"Yes I do! I don't have a fucking clue about what you're talking about!"

He took something out of his pocket. "Then I guess that you should see this." He threw something at me, making me catch it reflexively. I saw that it's a small envelope and I looked at him. "Open it and see it yourself, Levi."

I looked down at my hand and at the thing he threw me. Why do I have a feeling that this won't do any good to me?

I opened the envelope and my eyes widen at what I saw. There are plenty of pictures of Erwin and I, all of them are unrecognizable to me. I took it out and scanned them, not believing what I am seeing. What the fuck are these?

There are pictures of me together with Erwin, some are both of us holding hands, hugging and fuck, there are some in which we looked like kissing. It felt like my world froze as well as time, my blood running colder and colder as each second passed by. What the fuck are these? I never kissed anyone except Eren!

My body went stiff and I can't moved any muscle, my throat went dry as my gaze didn't leave the pictures in my hand. None of these pictures are true. None. I never cheated and I will never cheat. These are all fake.

I heard a humorless laugh came from Eren. It made me shot my head up to look at him, his impassive look now replaced by a pained one. A sharp pain hit my heart instantly. "What? Speechless? You can't believe that someone will catch you cheating with Erwin?"

His words rang throughout my mind like the sound of a gunshot amidst the silence. Is he believing this?

"No, Eren. Fuck, I would never do that to you! I—"

"Go on and lie! Make me believe in you with your lies again! Go on and make your way through this with your words! That's your specialty, right?! Making people believe in you through lying?! Because I sure did!"

I felt my blood boil. The feeling of rage, pain, disbelief, and betrayal ran throughout my whole system. So he really believe that this is true? That I am cheating on him with Erwin?

"What, Levi? Are you not going to defend yourself—"

"I can't fucking believe you."

My words cut him off. My voice came out in a low and hushed manner, my emotions slowly getting to me. "I can't fucking believe you, Eren. You really think that I can do that to you? Can you hear yourself, huh, Eren?"

I looked up to look at him straight in the eye. I can feel my eyes starting to sting, tears threatening to fall anytime but I fought it. "Do you really think that I can cheat on you for Erwin? I can't believe that you think so low of me."