Chapter 33: Protecting A Drunk Lover

I was scrolling through one of Levi's fanpage and I saw one of those "add the song you last listened to and add 'in Levi's pants' and the other is 'in Eren's pants'. This is what I got:

I Write Sins Not Tragedies in Levi's pants.
This is Gospel in Eren's pants.

I never laughed so damn hard.

*****

Eren's POV

"Ouch! Armin, be a little gentle, will you?"

Armin ignored me and continued to clean the cuts in my face. It doesn't feel like cleaning to me, though. He's so rough I think that it'll bleed more if he continues. I winced as the alcohol soaked cotton-ball made contact with my cuts. 

"I can't believe that you fought with Erwin." The cotton made contact to my face again before he set his hand down, looking at me like a parent that's disappointed in their child. I knew that since I always get a lot back then. "Why did you punch him?'

I huffed and crossed my arms, scowling as the scene replayed itself in my mind. "Why wouldn't I? Didn't you see how he acted earlier? It's like I planned for all of these to happen! Hell, he's even telling me to stay away from Levi. Like hell I'm going to do that. He can go shave his fucking eyebrows and see if I give a fuck."

He has a serious look on his face as he looked at me straight in the eyes. "That doesn't mean that you need to start a fist fight between the two of you. We went there to talk to Levi, not for you to start smashing faces with Erwin."

"Why does it feels like you're siding with him?"

He rolled his eyes dramatically, making his eyes almost lose its irises. "I'm not siding with him, Eren. I'm just making you realize that what you did was foolish. Haven't you heard what he said earlier? He came there to relax, not to stop two guys from smashing off each other's faces. I think that you just made the situation worse."

That shut me up. He's right. I just made Levi more stressed with what I've done. Why can't I control myself when it comes to Levi? I groaned as I let my upper body fall back to my bed, eyes shutting close as I did. "Do you think that he'll talk to me again?"

"I can't say it. We just need to wait and see."

"I don't think that I can wait any longer. I missed him so much."

"Patience is a virtue, Eren. That time will come sooner or later."

*****
Levi's POV

It's been a week since I broke up with Eren. Those days went on like years— time just seems to fucking enjoyed making me feel the pain longer. The pain never ceased, in fact it grew more and more each day, accompanied by the longing I'm feeling for him, it's a very unwelcome feeling but it's not like I can do anything about it.

It's hard to get him out of my head. His image, so fucking vivid I think that he's just in front of me, appears in my head every damn time I closed my eyes. I can still feel the ghost of his warmth on my skin, the ghost of his scent that got me addicted and always assaulting my senses, the ghost of his voice that kept on ringing inside my head, the ghost of his presence that always keeps me feel safe and loved. All of these things are driving me insane, but I don't like to let it all drift away from my mind, from me.

I never felt so hopeless, never felt this kind of pain in my whole life. It's like the pain is killing me slowly and I'm just waiting for my time to come.