Chapter 12: Under The Pouring Rain

*******
Levi's PoV

After we went from Eren's class, we returned to our classroom just to see that there's still no teacher. We walked to where our seats are and took our place in it. I just stared outside the window as he started to read.

"Erwin..." he  looked up from the book on his desk to look at me. I shifted in my seat as he stared at me. My fucking nerves is eating me.

After what happened last night, my mind confirmed something. That Yeager kid really got me deep. I couldn't sleep last night since every fucking time I closed my eyes, he always successfully crept up to my mind and I can suddenly remember everything vividly. From the way his eyes swallowed me, how his hot breath felt against my skin and most of all, how his lips felt against mine.

It happened all of a sudden. All I knew is that he's cornering me against the wall then the next thing I knew is he already had his lips against mine.

It felt so right yet so wrong. It feels right to have his lips pressed against mine but at the same time it felt like it didn't belong there. I knew that it's right— I felt it. But what's fucking wrong is he kissed me just to clarify his own fucking feelings. It made me feel like he's just using me to clear all the damn questions in his mind. I goddamn hate it. Of fucking course. What person in their right mind would like that? Having your feelings used for their own advantage. Fuck that.

But despite those thoughts, I can still see my fucking self trapped inside his spell. Maybe it's a curse. A curse that caused and is still causing me nothing but pain.

"Levi... Levi, are you okay?" I looked at Erwin just to see him looking at me worriedly. It just made me feel more fucking guilty.

"Uh, yeah. Sorry. I'm just... thinking." I looked down and clasped my hands together. Brace your fucking self, Levi.

"You called me earlier, is there something you wanted to say?"

"I..." I took a deep shuddering breath while I gathered up my courage before I looked at him straight in the eye. "I'm sorry."

I watched how his face slowly changed from relaxed, to one of confusion, until it turned into one of realization. He closed his eyes for a moment as he took a deep breath before giving me a forced smile. The pain in his eyes didn't slipped past my sight.

"It's okay, there's nothing for you to apologize for. You're just being honest and it's better than you forcing yourself to like me back." He looked down and stayed silent for a while and my guilt is eating me. I don't want to hurt him, but it'll happen sooner or later so why not do it now?

"I'm really sorry but I just can't like you back. I think you already know the reason."

"Yes. Can we still be friends?" I shot him a small smile.

"Of fucking course. It's not everyday that you can find someone with eyebrows as bushy as yours."

"And it's not everyday that you can see some guy at the height of 5'3." I glared at him and he chuckled. I sighed in relief.

Sorry, Erwin.

*******

As soon as the class ended, I went to my locker to stuff some of my things. What I saw there caught me by surprise.

Eren is standing beside my locker, leaning against it with his hands on his pocket, headphones around his neck, while his head is low as he stares at the ground, looking like he's in a deep thought.

I ignored the sudden wild beating of my shitty heart as I took more steps, walking closer and closer to my locker. When I was just a few feets away, he looked up and turned his head in my direction. As soon as he saw me, his aura immediately lit up. He stood up and composed himself before smiling widely at me and waved. I looked around to check if there are other people around the area to save myself from embarrassment in case it's not meant for me. I heard him chuckled which made me snapped my head to look at him and shot him a glare. This fucking brat.