Chapter 16: Becoming Official

*****
Levi's PoV

"Eren, can I talk to you?"

This is honestly pissing the fucking hell out of me. In the morning, I saw Eren talking with some innocent looking girl about shits that I don't have any clue. Whenever I saw him in a few free minutes of mine for the subject intervals, I always see him talking with that same girl or Annie. I don't have any fucking clue as to why they're always talking and that goddamn reason alone makes me feel shitty.

"Hmm? What is it, Levi?" He didn't even removed his fucking gaze from his phone. That's another reason why I'm fucking pissed off. He always have his attention directed to his damn phone. I don't know what's so fucking important for him to ignore me and focus on the shitty gadget. Is he already sick of me? Maybe he got bored and is just killing time with me until he have another person to play with.

If that is what's really happening, then I'm not a fucking toy to be played with. I need a goddamn reason and if he couldn't give a good one, I don't think that it'll be worth my time nor my effort.

"Can you explain to me what's going on?"

He finally turned his gaze away from his phone to look at me in confusion. We're at the same spot we were yesterday, under the tree near the field. Nobody's near us so it's a good place to sort the fucking things out.

"What do you mean?" I let out a grunt of disbelief. How can this brat be that fucking clueless?

" Do I need to fucking spell it out for you? Well fucking listen to me, shitty brat. Are you really serious about me? About us? I don't want to hear shits from you so  give me a fucking honest answer."

His eyes widen as my words reached him. He reached out his hand to hold mine but I swatted it away.

"What made you think about that? Levi, I'm serious about you. I know that I am. I—"

"I'm just so fucking confused, Eren. I can always see you talking with other girls. When you're with me, you barely even notice me and spend all of your time chatting with whoever fucktard you're talking with. Do you know how fucking anxious I am whenever you did that? I can't stop over thinking and you not giving me any clue is only making it worse."

I want all of my damn frustrations to vanish. Why am I even feeling like this? Maybe I'm just overreacting, maybe I'm just being paranoid but, fuck. Who wouldn't? I always believe that actions speak louder than words and with the way he's acting, I'm starting to have second thoughts about his words.

"I'm sorry, Levi. I'm just busy about something very important. Please stop thinking that way."

"Stop thinking this way? Fuck, Eren! How can I not? You're always leaving me clueless! You know what? Don't fucking talk to me until you want to stop leaving me in the goddamn dark."

I stood up and quickly walked away. He also stood up, following me and grabbing my hand.

"Levi, don't be like that. It's really something important and it's a secret. I promise you, I'll tell it to you soon. Don't be mad at me, please."

I slipped my hand away from his grasp and turned around to look at him. When I saw his face, I felt all of my anger vanished. He looks afraid— afraid of losing me and the chance to be with me. Somehow, it brought me reassurance but I won't give in until he stopped hiding anything and ignoring me. Call me an attention whore, but look if I even give a fuck. I don't give a fucking damn.