Chapter 9: So Far So Good? Maybe not.

*--*--*--*--*--*--*
Levi's PoV

When I woke up this Sunday morning, the first thing that came to my mind is the conversation that I had last night with Eren. Did I really embarrassed myself in front of the fucking brat? I bet that he's laughing his fucking ass off when I left him in the kitchen.

 The next thing is that I have a date with Erwin later. I cringed at the word 'date'. I never thought that I'll use that shitty word. Not with Erwin, at least. I just dismissed my thoughts from my mind and decided to take a bath.

 After dressing myself with comfortable clothes, I left the comfort of my room to have some food in the kitchen. I'm just going to make some French toast for me and Mikasa. Mom's not here anyways.

 I'm in the middle of making breakfast when Mikasa entered the kitchen, still wearing her pajamas looking very unproductive. She sat down on one of the chairs and yawned.

"Don't open your mouth too much or a bug will enter it." She hastily closed her mouth before shooting me a glare in which I ignored.

"Shut up, Levi."

I smirked at her reaction. "Oohh, being feisty this early in the morning, huh?"

 "You're the one who started it." She  placed her arm on the table and leaned her head on her fist.

 "Why does it looks like you haven't slept well?"

  "I haven't." I raised an eyebrow. "Eren and I had been talking until past two in the morning."

"You shouldn't waste your sleep just for some petty talks." Woah there Levi, have a fucking break will you? I just hope that it didn't came out as bitter as I thought.

"It's not just some 'petty talks'. You see, I saw Eren sitting on this chair last night and he looked troubled. I tried to ask him about that all night but he didn't budged. Do you have anything to do with it Levi?"

 "None." I'm not even sure myself. Is knowing that he's the one I like bothered him that much? "I don't have anything to do with it."

"But as I can remember, I saw you last night walking to your room with red puffy eyes and when I went to the kitchen, Eren's acting strange. Are you sure, Levi?" I sighed as I took a bite from my piece of French toast. I set it down the table before I looked at Mikasa.

"Yes." She searched my face for any signs that I'm lying but I kept my face neutral. She didn't pushed the topic more and just took a piece of toast before stuffing it in her mouth.

I returned to my place earlier and poured some water in two cups. I made a coffee for Mikasa and tea for myself before sitting on my usual seat at the table. I handed Mikasa her coffee and she muttered a small thanks before drinking some. I just nodded and started eating.

"I won't be here for tonight. I'll just cook something for you before I leave." She looked at me and eyed me in curiosity. "What?"

"Who are you going out with?"

"Who are you, Mom?" I rolled my eyes. "I'm going out with Erwin."  I took a bite and sip some tea. I noticed how Mikasa is staring at me with wide eyes.

"You're serious about dating Erwin?"

"Do you think that I'm doing it for entertainment? That's a shitty thought you had there, Mikasa."

"N-no, it's just that, I thought you like someone else?" My heart clenched as the thought of Eren's desperate look last night entered my mind.

"I don't have any chance on that guy so why waste time? I'm already done with inflicting myself pain. I'm over that." I finished my toast and drank all of my tea. Mikasa stayed silent while I walked to the sink to clean my cup.