Second Act, Concern

"Yeah, yeah, let's finish this quickly. I need to give that bag of medicine to someone." I said, taking out my wooden sword.

He chuckled then smiled. "Patience. Let's begin."

He started attacking me with swift, quick attacks, but I blocked them. "You've improved."

I smirked. "Thanks for the compliment."

I attacked him with a quick but powerful swing of my sword, hitting him square on the face. He looked at me with surprise in his eyes.

"I'm sorry! Did I leave a bruise?" I said, approaching him and reaching for his face.

All of a sudden, he swung his sword at me, but I blocked it. A vein popped on my head. "Ohhhhh....you and your tricks, Aizen...."

He just chuckled. "You can have your concern later. Finish this first."

I rolled my eyes and started atttacking him. But of course...being a captain, he blocked every single one of them.

"Ugh...he doesn't leave any openings! I have to strike him somewhere..." I thought, observing him as I blocked his attacks.

Then I saw...that he had left his side open. I smirked to myself and proceeded to attack him...

But then he blocked it yet again, this time, striking me on the side. "Itai!!!" I said, stumbling a little before falling to the ground.

"That was a pretty good job, everyone! We're done for today." Aizen said, then he extended his hand towards me. "Are you alright?"

"Shut up, I'm fine! Quit being nicey-nice to me." I said, picking up the bag of medicine.

"What if you get badly injured, then? Of course I can't just ignore you." He said.

"Okay...whatever you say, Aizen."

I climbed up the steps that will take me to my room and opened the sliding door. Well, it looks simple. A few books, a paintbrush, ink, and some paper...because I like to doodle comics.

I put some water in a cup and took the medicine. "Ugh...I hope Aizen or anyone else doesn't see me..." I thought, looking around as I hid the bag in my cabinet.

As I doodled, a thought crossed my mind.

"Does Aizen really care about me or something?"

I shook my head and chuckled to myself. How silly could I be? Of course he does...

I stopped drawing. What if in some way he doesn't? Argh, maybe I'm just worrying too much.

I glanced outside. It was already nighttime, maybe I should sleep. I lay down on my bed, and closed my eyes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"What are you doing here all alone?" A voice said.

I glanced up to see a boy, gently smiling at me. He handed me a piece of chicken katsu.

"No, thank you. I have to take these vegetables to the store." I said, walking away from the shinigami boy.

"It doesn't hurt to take a short break. Come on, have some." He said.