Twenty-eighth Act, Sweet dreams are beautiful lies

(A/N: Hello there~ And will you look at that Aizen! Looking good as always. Now go on and read!!! Don't wantcha to be stuck at this picture of Aizen all day...)

Aizen's p.o.v

I slowly opened my eyes, seeing the gray ceiling of (name)'s room. So I fell asleep here?

I glanced at her. She was sleeping too, her head leaning against the backrest of the sofa. One of her arms was around me. My head was on her lap.

A small smile crept up my lips. I didn't expect sleeping like this was rather comfortable. Usually, I sleep better when I'm alone.

She let out a soft groan and unconsciously pulled me a little closer to her, as if she didn't want me to leave her alone. She wants my company.

Exhaling, I lay back down on her lap again. I glanced at her hand and took it, entwining my fingers with hers.

I wonder what it is like to have a queen? It wouldn't be lonely and it would feel comforting, perhaps, but wouldn't she be courted or taken away by other kings?

Gin's face suddenly slipped in my mind. Why am I feeling afraid that I'll lose (name) to him so much that I will go so far to be jealous?

I stood up and stared at her for a moment. Her face looked so tranquil yet so beautiful the more you gaze at it. It's what made her very mysterious.

I held her in my arms for a moment as I got her into a proper sleeping position, her head on the armrest. I was about to let go when my arms wouldn't move....

...as if they wanted to stay too.

My face was close to hers, enough to feel her slow and calm breath tickle my face. Our lips were moments away from touching each other. Should I do it?

"What's taking you so long, old man? Do it right about...now." A youthful voice said, then I felt something push my back hard enough that I moved forward and my lips crashed against hers.

She wasn't opening her eyes, but she wrapped her arms around my neck. My eyes were still wide in surprise, but I slowly closed them.

I admit that when I first kissed her, I thought I was going to feel empty. That it would be nothing but a mere act of affection that humans do when they like someone.

No. That first kiss, and the rest of the kisses I gave to her, meant something to me. It felt like saying that I love her. And that I didn't want to lose (name) the way I lost her.

We kissed for quite a while until I slowly let go, standing up in the process. "Sleep well." I whispered, taking off my coat and draped it over her.

I quietly shut the door when I got outside, so she won't wake up. I started to walk back towards my room. From the looks of it, I guess she's dreaming. Some people do things unconsciously when they do so, such as what she did earlier.

I wonder what it is she's dreaming of?

Your p.o.v

"Waaaaaah, it's a frozen lake!! Aizen, let's go!!" I said, entwining my fingers with his and dragged him towards nature's ice skating rink.