Thirty-seventh act, The world of the living (part seven)

(A/N: *heavy breathing* *averts gaze from photo* *commits the mistake of peeking* *blood spills out of nose* *sees readers* um...er...I...ah...go read!! Ignore me!)

I was running up a forested hill. No one was chasing me, it's just that I was looking for someone. Someone very dear to me.

I don't know why he disappeared all of a sudden. But that's not what's troubling me. He broke an important promise.

He promised that he would stay by my side and never leave me, but instead...he left without a trace. Not even a simple goodbye.

I tripped on a rock, landing face-first on the rough grass. Tears were spilling out of my eyes like crazy, yet I forced myself to stand up and keep running despite drowning in a sea of despair.

I pushed through an endless wave of bushes and shrubs until I reached the highest point of the hill, which is a cliff.

And there I saw him, staring at the starry night sky.

"Aizen...?" I whispered, choking on my own words. As much as I was relieved to see him...it still hurt.

He turned towards me. His hair was styled the way it was when he was a captain, and he had his glasses on. But what gave me a sudden chill was his outfit.

A simple shinigami shihakusho with the fifth division lieutenant's badge on his arm.

Why does it look so eerily familiar...? Honestly, I don't remember seeing him as a lieutenant in person...

"(Name)." He said, smiling.

He outstretched both of his arms, signifying a hug. I ran towards him, throwing myself in his arms,

But then he disappeared the moment I wrapped my arms around him.

My eyes shot open. Eh? It was just a dream? Good...if it were real, I would be jumping off that cliff right now.

I glanced at Aizen. His arm was wrapped around my waist, and his face was buried on my shoulder. Judging from his breathing, he was still fast asleep..

I sighed and shifted a little closer to him, leaning my head against his chest. I saw him open his eyes and smile, pulling me a little closer to him.

"Sleep some more. It's still early." He whispered, kissing my forehead.

I frowned a little and glanced away from him. "How can I? I just woke up from a pretty bad dream...and you were in it."

"Is that so? You've piqued my interest." He said, propping his head up on one hand. "Tell me about it, then."

I shook my head furiously. "Of course not!!! It's not your business, so don't stick your nose into it!!! Stalking creep..."

He chuckled and stood up, walking towards the kitchen. Curious, I decided to follow him. What delicious meal is he going to make this time? Just thinking about it makes me drool...

"Have you ever heard about bacon?" He asked, taking out a frying pan.

I thought hard about it for a while. "Uhhhhh.....uhmmm....sorry, I haven't heard of it yet. What is it anyway?"