Thirty-fifth Act, The world of the living (part 5.2)

(A/N: A little break from piano practice felt good~ Now here's the second part of Aizen's birthday celebration! Now go and read while I decide your fate in the next chapters. Ehehehehe.)

"A promise? Alright then. What am I gonna promise you? A relaxing bubble bath? Cook your favorite tofu? Sleep with you?" I joked.

"No, no. Promise me...that you'll stay by my side and never leave me, just like what I've promised you." He said. His tone was dead serious, with a hint of sadness too.

I...I can't promise him that. But I don't want to hurt him nor leave him all alone. I can't lie either...he can see through that. What am I supposed to do?

I want him to be happy, not lonely. I want him to smile, not see tears dropping from his eyes. He deserves the light more than you think.

I started crying, and Aizen glanced at me immediately. "Did I say something wrong?"

I just continued to cry when Aizen cupped my face, wiping my tears away with his thumbs. "You can tell me. You don't have to hide."

I laughed internally because of the irony. One day I was telling him not to hide things from me, and now he's telling me that?

Tears fell out of my eyes like a never-ending waterfall, and Aizen just generously wiped them away with his thumbs.

I let out a sob then wrapped my arms around him, soaking his suit wet. He was surprised at first but then he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer to him.

"Aizen...I hate to say this-"

He kissed the top of my head, leaving me in silence. "Whether you promise me or not doesn't matter. I'll always be right here with you."

I looked up at him with teary eyes, and he gave me a smile, placing a hand on my cheek. Shakily, my hand slowly reached for his, holding it.

"I-I'm sorry...I'm so, so sorry..." I sobbed.

"What do you have to be sorry for? Nothing." He said, then held up his cupcake. The little fire was still dancing on the wick.

"You want me to blow your candle? But I'm not the one having a birthday." I asked, a little confused.

He gave me a shallow nod. "It may help you feel a little better. Go on, I don't mind."

I hesitated at first, but then I blew on it, causing the fire to go out and a little smoke to rise. Okay, I didn't feel any better. A little, I guess...

We sat in silence for a while, Aizen staring at the snow falling from the sky and I was just staring at the small piles of snow on the ground.

That's until he suddenly pinched my cheek. "Ow!!! What was that for, you creep?! You could've just tapped my shoulder or said my name! You're no romance drama material!"

He chuckled and pointed at a frozen lake. "You want to go there?"

I suddenly remembered the dream I had in Hueco Mundo. Oh yeah...I wanted to tell that to him but I completely forgot! It looks really fun, though.

I nodded and gave him a small smile. "Sure...."

He stood up, gesturing that we should hold hands, but I just wanted to clutch onto his arm. With that, we started to walk towards the frozen lake.