Chapter 1

Elsa's POV:

The sweat on my hands fail to dry up. Wiping the sweat on my dress does not help to wipe the fear in my heart. I will do anything to stop what I am feeling.

I will be named queen in three years. It's too early for me to be lost in fear, but I can't find the exit. My powers have been increasing and I'm afraid of what people will think once they know I'm not normal. I'm kicked out of my thoughts when there's a knock at my door.

"It's me," My dad's voice was low and calm. My door slowly opens and my dad walks in with my mother.

Although I was still wearing my silk gloves, I couldn't help but take a few steps away from them, "I don't want to hurt you."

"You have never been dangerous," My mother takes a few steps towards me and pulls me into a hug. "You would never hurt us on purpose."

My dad decides to speak up, "Just remember one thing. Conceal it. Don't feel it. Don't let it show."

"We should go check on Anna right now. Get ready Elsa. You're starting school today," With those last words, my mom lets go of me and they both leave.

I can't comprehend why they're sending me to school. It's a dangerous world out there, and I might be just as dangerous.

When I arrive to the dining room, the maids were setting up the dinner table with food, "Anna! There's chocolate down here!"

The sound of running echoes throughout the hall. She was wearing a sunflower dress, but her hair was unkept. She reminded me of Cinderella with only one heel on. Anna and I race toward the table. We sit opposite of each other and stuff our faces with chocolate.

"So good!" Anna squealed in delight. Unlike Anna, I ate with grace and respect for peoples eyes.

"No more chocolate," I reach across the table to hand her a napkin, "Now please finish getting ready."

A maid hands Anna a brush and her one missing heel. I close my eyes and allow myself to breathe. School is only for 7 hours, I can do this.

"Ready for your first day of high school girls?" My father stares me in the eyes. I can see his uncertainty and fear. But I know his fear is not directed at me, it's for me. Anna and I nod.

"Elsa, do you have your silk gloves?" My mother's voice shook with worry. I nod my head to assure her while Anna stares at me with confusion.

"Get going then!" My father shouts in excitement.

Anna and I leave the house in a hurry. I try to drag my feet on our way to school, but Anna links our arms to pull me along, "Why did mother ask if you have a pair of silk gloves?"

My voice stays as still as a pond; there was no pebble to get me to talk. The rest of the walk to school consisted of Anna asking me questions which I couldn't answer. The walk was surprisingly fast. I lead Anna into the school while looking at my surroundings in amazement, "Go find your locker."

"What about you?" Anna looked at me. There was no sign of fear in her eyes. She looked as if school gives her a sense of security. I couldn't drag her down with me.

I watched her gently. There was a sweet smile spread across her face as her eyes shined with delight. I smiled to reassure her, "I'll be okay."

I press my lips on her forehead and gently push her away. She smiled before walking away. Eventually, Anna was hidden in a crowd of teenagers.

"Now time to find my locker," I sigh to myself, unfolding a piece of paper which shows directions to my locker. I locate my locker at the end of the hallway and silently cheer. The students look at me weirdly, causing me to fake a smile in embarrassment.