Hints

I phase through the door, since he didn't see me. The man sighs heavily and throws his keys on one of the kitchen counters. He walks to the fridge and grabs what looks like left overs. I watched him carefully at his every move. He opened the container with left over spaghetti inside of it.

The man took out a fork and slammed it into the container. I needed a way to know that this Irishman knew I was in his house.

I wasn't haunting him, that's for sure. I was.. protecting him. Who knew why? It was simply after I jumped in his way and I felt the need to protect him someway.

But, the only thing I needed to do was for him to know I was here. I didn't really have a plan on what I wanted to do, but I wasn't going to just have couch floating in the air.

That's for sure.

I wasn't planning on scaring him anyway. I had to think this through before I "plotted" anything. I watched him carefully to what he was doing.

He sat at his desk with his desk chair pulled in all the way. A few hours passed before he finally got up and walked to the restroom.

I finally got the idea on a way to let him know my presence is here.

By giving hints.

This seemed easy enough to do. It wouldn't scare him, just maybe a few things would be either flying or open.

My first place to give him a hint at was the kitchen. He walks in there pretty often anyway. Then, maybe where he has his computer set up? He goes there pretty often as well; so why not try?

I floated to the kitchen and looked around. I mine as well start off with something easy. I reached my arm out and grabbed the handle of the cabinet and opened it.

All I would have to do now was wait until he saw it.