Chapter 7

Four Month Later...

The sounds of their howls were closer then the last time. I was slower with my protruding stomach filled with them, the twins.
But for their sake I will keep going. I think and rush faster towards the town infront of me, just a few more miles and I would be safe.
I could hear a few human noises from behind me and realized that some of them had shifted back to human in the warm fall forest, their pursuit crunching fallen leaves and twigs as I kept running just ahead.
"Don't hurt her, she is carying my pups." Sam, my old alpha. He knows, most of my old pack knows, but they don't understand why I would run.
I left everything behind to protect my pups. I may be sixteen but I knew what was right and what was wrong. This was wrong.
Finally, the town line could be seen and I smiled as I crossed it, turning around and backing up a bit and watching them stop just before it.
"You will never have these pups and I will never be a part of your pack again." I growl out at Sam, wrapping my arms around my stomach protectively as I continued to walk backwards.
"Look Laina, we can talk, just come back to the pack." Sam said, his body nervous as he kept looking around.
"Hmmmm, no." I smiled triumphantly and turned on my heels walking down the road towards the town, Sam calling out my name and for me to turn around and come back.
I ignored him. It was probubly a trick, and right now I was in no mood to fall for it. Instead I was in the mood for a poutien.
As I entered the town with my duffle bag and the work out bag I had stuffed so much into the day I ran away, I kept an eye out for anything that had poutien, grinning like the Cheshire cat when I saw a Diner.
Quickly I walk into the small place and sit at a booth, placing my bags beside me and taking out my wallet that held all my money and placing that beside me on the table.
"Long day?" I jump when a waitress comes up on the other side, her face sympathetic.
"Very, being pregnant is hard work." This got the girl laughing and I couldn't help but smile.
"I have three of my own, so I know the feeling. Do you know what your having?"
"Twins, thats all I can tell you." The waitress nodds and flips open her book, taking the pencil from behind her ear.
"So what do you want darling?"
"Poutine with extra cheese, a vanilla milkshake and plain cheese cake please." She smiles at my order.
"Thats what I got all the time when I was pregnant with my kids. It'll be ready in a few." With that she left and I sighed, relaxing in the booth. The town was quiet and it looked like my old pack couldn't come here, it was paradise.
"What do you think of living here?" I asked my belly, rubbing it gently, smiling when I feel some movements.
"Yeah, I like the idea too." I laugh.
"Talking to yourself?" The same waitress came and set my milkshake down and I took it, downing the cold liquid in seconds.
"Figured you were thirsty so I brought two for you." She sets a second glass down and I smile gratefully at her.
"Thank you." I say, reaching for a glass.
"No problem, now-" she stops mid sentence to sit down across from me, folding her hands on the table.
"What is a rogue doing here on my packs territory." I froze and sniffed the air, smelling her carefully, my eyes widening that she too was a werewolf.
"Its not what you think, I was running away from my old pack." I state and she just stares at me with squinted eyes, not believing me.
"Your pack probubly has breeders like mine and I was forced to be one so I-"
"Breeders are illegal now, the elders told all alphas that two years ago." The waitress nealy shouts and I was haply that there were only one other person here and he had dissapeared to what I assume was the washroom.
"B-but thats I-impossible. The pack I am running from always had twenty at a time." I exclaim, my brows furrowed in confusion.
"Listen, I am calling my alpha, then we are going to get the elders and we are setting that pack straight. Don't worry about paying for your food, its on the house. You have been through a lot already and you need a break. If you need anything, go to the counter and ask for Eeva, thats me, and I will come see what I can do."
"O-okay." I stutter slightly as Eeva leaves me alone. I put my wallet away and sip at the milkshake, sighing slightly.
What had happen to me was illegal and yet it still happened.
Another waitress came with my food and I thanked her before I dug in, savourig the warmth of the poutien. I was almost done when the door open and the scent of male flooded the Diner, tingles running down my spine.
"Alpha Tate, this way." Eeva's voice rang clear and my eyes widen. The reason why Sam had been afraid. I was in Bloodsvain territory and he was the Blood Alpha, the man who slaughted packs who pissed him off, who was possesive over the shewolves he dated. He was mateless and feared by everyone.
I felt the power radiating off of the alpha, feeling it get closer and envelope me as they neered.
"Alpha, this was the girl I told you about." Slowly I stood and turned to face her alpha, my head bowed in submission.
"You don't have to be afraid." His voice was gentle, as was his touch as his fingers lightly touches under my chin and he raises my head, causing me to look him in the eye, my own still wide as sparks fly and my heart flutters.
"Mate" he growls out and pulls me closer, barely giving me time to press my hands against his chest.
"Tate, carefull, she is pregnant." Eeva warns and he growls, causing me to shake in fear.
Briskly, he lets go of me, only to move my bags and sit down before pulling me to his side, his arm wraped protectively around me.
"Don't be so possesive." I state boldly, glaring at him.
"I can and I will, you are mine."
"I belong to no one." We both glared at each other, not realizing that Eeva had disappeared till she came back with more milk shakes and a tray fulk of pastries and cookies.
"Look here, this girl is pregnant and already had a rough day, now baby bro, let her be for now." Tate growled at her words and I smile as I grab my drink and a chocolate tart.
They waited for me to finish my treat before Eeva took my hand.
"Now, whats your name?" She asks, and I could feel his eyes on me.
"Laina Starcrest, I came from Pinepaw pack under-"
"Samuel Lightran's rule." I nodd as Tate finished my sentence, hearing him growl loudly.
"He knew about the new law and didn't stop breeders. Tell me, who's pups are you carrying. " I stayed silent and looked down at my hands, tears forming in my eyes.
"I said tell me!" He bangs his fists on the table in anger and I flinch, the tears now falling down my face.
"Tate your scaring her. And I thought you said she was your mate." Eeva scolds him and I feel her pull me into a hug.
"They're his. He forced himself on me to have heirs." I whisper through the sobs, feeling both of them stiffen.
"I'm gunna-"
"Take Laina to your house and get her settled and clean, then we go to the Council and deal with it the right way. You know you can't slaughter the pack till they give you the go ahead." This time I stiffen and I pull away from Eeva.
"Not everyone is bad. Some of the warriors refused to take part in it and others helped me escape, like my cousin and his mate, the one warrior who guarded me. You can't kill them all." Even I knew I sounded like I was begging, and I felt strong arms pull me towards the strong body that was beside me.
"Make a list of who were good and they can join the pack in the end. Wolves with families will be left alone. But the warriors who loved partaking in the breeding will die, so will Samuel." I feel his arms tighten in the end and all I do is nodd, taking in his scent and trying to relax.
"Now lets get you home and relaxed." He adds, pulling away and smiling at me the most amazing smile ever.
"Okay." I smile back shyly and he chuckles, letting me slide out as he takes my bags.
"Wait, take theese." Once again I hadn't noticed Eeva slip away but she held out a bag with boxes inside and I smelt the delicious treats.
"Tomorrow we can go shoping if you want." She adds and for once I was happy to have come here.
"Can it wait till I get setled in?"
"Sure, get some rest." I hug my new friend and follow Tate out the door towards a black jeep, getting into the passenger side and letting him drive me to where ever 'home' was.