Chapter 13

Light filled the room and I was pressed to a solid warm wall. I smiled. It was peaceful and the body next to mine was perfect.
I needed to get my mind off of yesterday and move forward. Today was a new day.
The warm wall slowly pulls away from me and kisses my forehead before his presences leaves the bed. I decided that I didn't want to stay here forever so I slowly opened my eyes, smiling at the room I have gotten used to seeing.
Sighing, I get up and head for a quick shower before I use the toilet and brush my teeth.
I rush into the bed room and quickly dress before braiding my hair and heading down stairs.
"Come here princess!" I hear Tate's voice before I see him and everyone in the kitchen, Jack passing Julia to my mate.
"Good morning." I say smiling as I walk towards them, kissing my mate on the cheek before taking Julia from him.
"Hey we were having Daddy daughter time!" He exclaims and I sit down on a chair with her in my arms, not doing much.
"New borns are cute but boring." Jack says and I gasp.
"Shame on you, she is busy being adorable." I say and kiss her nose gently.
"And you need to eat." Tate says and I smile as he places a plate of food infront of me before taking back Julia.
"Hey I had her!"
"Now you are eating." He smirks and I glare at him as he takes Julia back to his seat.
"She may not be my flesh and blood but the moment I saw her I knew she would be my little girl." He says smiling and I couldn't help but smile as well as I ate.
Suddenly everything turned into chaos as wolves stormed into the kitchen, the sounds of glass from the windows breaking open.
Quickly Julia was thrusted into my arms and Tate was growling, hiding the two of us from the weres while my cousin and his mate took protective stances.
"Laina Starcrest you are under arrest for kidnapping!" A man states as he steps forward, wreary of Tate.
"Tate step down, this shewolf stole a pup from Samu-"
"I did no such thing, this is my pup and she was born a few days ago." I snap, holding my baby to my chest.
"Sam said you would say that, but he has documemts for a baby boy born two weeks ago."
"Look closely idiot, my mate is holding a girl!" Tate roars and everyone freezes, the men sniffing the air.
"Hmm" the man, I now assume as the leader, looks at my baby and I turn so that he couldn't see Julia.
"It seems you are right. What were the Elders thinking."
"I'll tell you what they were thinking, they weren't!" I growl.
The leader looks at us and sighs.
"How about we talk this out at the head office, my crew will fix up your house. Sorry by the way."
"Sorry! YOU'RE SAYING SORRY WHEN YOU CAME IN TO TAKE MY MATE!" Tate roared as he charged the man, pinning him to a wall with his hands around his neck, his face set in rage as he choked the man.
The other suround them, trying to pry Tate off of their leader.
I sigh and hand julia to Jack, walking over and placing a hand on Tate's cheek, seeing his eyes turn to me and growl.
"Tate, calm down." I say calmly.
"NO I WON'-"
"You can and you will." I let authority into my voice and he blinks before staring at me.
"Tate, please." He growls and finally lets go with a huff of breath before backing away and heading towards Julia, taking our pup from Jack carefully, his face changing as his body relaxed.
I turn on my heel and glare at the man now gasping for breath as I walk forward and lean down so that my face was close to his, growling slightly.
"Now you will get the Elders to come HERE or I will call the Alpha King and have HIM deal with this issue. Do I make myself clear." I emphasize a few words and the man nodds, getting his phone out and dialling.
"Elder Ross, it seems like the information that was given to us was incorrect and because of the way we handled things they want you and the others to come here... Of course... Got it, see you then." He hangs up and leans against the wall breathing heavily before looking at me.
"Two hours. They will be here in two hours."
"Good, your men can fix my house now." I say and they all nodd before going off to fix my house.
I sigh and turn towards Tate, seeing that he had one arm open as he looked at me. I smile and take the few steps into his embrace as he holds me and Julia.
"Now you can tell them what happened to you." I nodd as I press my face into his chest and take in his scent.
"Well me and Jack will make sure the house gets fixed properly, you two go relax." Chris says and we smile, Tate taking my hand and leading me to the back yard.
"Why are we going here?" I ask.
The September day was warm but I was still worried about Julia, she was still so young.
"Its a surprise." He said and I rolled my eyes, following him.
Sudenly he stops and I try to peer around him.
"Ready?" He asks and I giggle.
"Yes!" I answer and he moves aside.
I gasps and I see a beautiful gazebo resting on a huge pond, it kinda looked like the one from pokémon movie spell of the unknown. It was beautiful and held a beautiful crystal table with a bassinet beside it for Julia.
"Wow!" I stare in awe as I cross the small bridge that connects the gazebo to the main land and sit down, Tate following me and placing a sleeping Julia in the bassinet before sitting beside me and cuddling.
"Now all we do is wait for the Elders."