Chapter 15

"You look beautiful, everyone is gunna love you." Eeva gushed. I was at her house getting ready for the ceremony since her cottage was closest to the pack house and I was all nerves.
"Are you sure? I'm sixteen. What if they don't want some one young and inexperienced for their Luna?" I asked, pacing the length of her bed room.
I was dress in a strapless cream figerskating, the front half falling down to mid calf and the back trailing behind me, fluttering while I move.
I had a wild flower crown in my hair, the silky locks falling in loose curls down my back.
White gold bangles were on my wrists as well as white gold armlets around my upper arm, the ends shaped like pawprints.
Eeva had painted the pack insignia in the center of my chest with gold pawprints scattered on the visible skin all over my body.
"News has already spread about you. People can't wait to meet you and get to know you. They want you as their Luna." My friend says and I sigh.
"Besides, you're not the only one getting accepted into the pack." She adds on and I smile wearily
"Okay then, I can do this." I whisper to myself.
A wolf howls in the distance and I jumped, Eeva laughing at my reaction.
"Afraid of the big bad wolf?" She jokes and I glare at her.
"No, cuz the big bad wolf is my mate." I wink and giggle as my friend falls onto her bed laughing, clutchig her side.
"O-okay. Lets go. That was the signal." Eeva says as she stands up clutching her sides.
I slip on the white Egyptian sandles on before we head down stairs and out the back door, taking a dark path into the woods.
The fallen leaves crunched under my feet and I smiled at the warm fall night with the smell of fall. In a few more days I will be seven-teen.
The fall was my season and as I looked up at the full moon, I couldn't help but smile. My life was full now. I had a mate who I wanted to be with, a pack who I know I will love, and a beautiful pup who will hopefully have siblings in a year or two.
Finally soft lights could be seen and the lake by the pack house came into view with everyone in wolf and human form waiting for me.
The others had already been accepted into the pack, and as the soon to be Luna, I was saved for last.
The crowed slowly split into two and bowed respectfully, leaving a path for me that led straight to Tate who waited in a pool of moon light.
He smiles at me and I smile back, taking the few steps towards him until I was in the moon lit water.
"Today, we welcom Laina Starcrest as a new member to our pack, as my mate and as our Luna!" His voice rings clear and howls errupt from the crowed causing me to blush.
"Laina, do you promis to uphold the laws of the wolf, the pack and to yourself?" Tate asks and I look into his beautiful eyes that held so much emotion just for me.
"I do." I say loud enough for the pack to hear.
"Then, we welcome you to the pack as a member and a Luna." He raises his left hand, a blade in his right as he slowly cut a line. All that was left to do was for me to lick his cut, then for me to draw a line in my own hand for him to lick and I would be a member of the pack and the Luna. I take his now slightly bleeding hand, licking it and ingesting the small amount of blood before cutting my own hand, letting him take it and lick it clean.
All at once pack magic flowed into me, causing me to fall to my knees in the water.
I could feel every last pack member I was now connected too, including my daughter who was now a member because of me.
The magic finally settled and I was able to close the link one by one until I opened my eyes, the orbs glowing blue and gold before settling down. The ceremony was complete and I slowly stood.
The lake was silent until finally cheers erupted and I jumped, glaring at everyone for a quick second before a smile spread onto my face.
A wail errupted around us and everyone quieted as Chris handed me Julia and I soothed her, her eyes glowing blue like mine.
"We're home." I tell her as she quiets down, Tate coming by to wrap me in his arms and giving me a quick Kiss.
A bonfire sudenly lit and I turn to look at the fire, feeling its warms radiate to us and I smile as I catch scent the food and drinks that were set out.
For a while we celebrated, me and Julia being passed around to the pack members till Tate intercepted everyone, holdig me in his embrace possesively with our daughter in my arms.
The moon was high in the sky and we were starting to say good bye to everyone when wolves in the distance howled.
I froze with fear. I knew their howls
"Rouges?" Some one asked and I shooked my head.
"Pinepaw." I whispered.
"CHRIS! JACK!" He yells and I feel two pairs of hands grabe me.
"All pregnant wolves, pups and mothers to the shelter, ten warriors go to protect them and my mate and pup. Chris and Jack stay with her." He orders before taking my face in his hands and kissing me. This one was different then before. It was needy and filled with emotion, but it ended to quickly and I was whisked away.
[I love you!] His voice fills my head and then its gone. He cut the pack link from me no matter how many times I reached out to him. He was in alpha mode.
Suddenly I was in the pack house and beig led through rooms with otheres then down the stairs to the basement before entering a hidden room that was sealed the moment the last shewolf steped in with her pups.
We were trapped.
"Every thing will be fine." Chris says and I just nodd at him, holding my daughter close. Something soft and warm was wraped around us and I look to find a blanket.
"Luna?" I looked to find a group of preeteens coming towards me and I forced a weak smile.
"Yes?" I asked carefull not to show my true emotions.
"Will you tell us a story" A little girl about ten years old asks and I smile a little more genuinely.
"Of course. How about I tell you a legend my own mother taught me?" They all jumped with glee then sat infront of me, waiting while I took a moment to think of the right legend.
"Long ago, before werewolves and vampires lived, gods and goddesses ruled the earth.
They walked like us, talked like us, and ruled the humans. Some could change into animals, some lived in the forest and others held dark secrets. There was this one goddess who was called Luna Dea, the moon goddess." I paused as their eyes twinkle.
"Luna Dea was happy, she was one with wolves, the people loved her and the gods adoured her but she wanted something. A child. For years she walked the earth, watching humans raise their young and wishing for her own, but she knew that she needed a soul mate.
One day she came across a house in the woods, a man cutting down fallen logs with wolves by his side. She was intrigued and for days she stayed by his side.
Little did Luna Dea know that Sat Dei, the Sun God, had been following her, wishing that she knew just how much he loved her-"
"What a stalker." Jack cuts me off and I glared at him before turning to look back at the kids.
"- but Luna Dae was already in love. Sat Dei had an idea and he left to the heavens to find a gift that Luna Dae would love, but it took years. When he returned he found Luna Dae in the arms of the human man, her belly round with children that would come anyday.
Furiouse, Sat Dei attacked, turning his gift of the stars into silver. For fear of her soulmate, Luna Dae bit the human, transfering her wolf power to him, a future Alpha, while the silver was stabbed through her heart.
This stoped Sat Dei in his tracks as he looked on in horror at what he had down to his true love who was now in the arms of the human. She turned to the father of her children, begging him to cut them out before she died, and he did. As she layed with her three children in her arms, the first werewolves born, she turned to Sat Dei and said 'Your Children will be slaves of the night, your beatiful sun their curse, while mine will know the loving embrace of the moon." With those last sounds of her soft voice she turned to her love, her soulmate and said "may our children find their true half and know love." And at the highest peek of the ful moon her soul became one with her place in the sky. Stricken with grief, Sat Dei went to the nearest village and found a women. For nights he used her until she stood, her belly round with child.
He was over joyed, his memory of Luna Dei and her last words a haze.
Soon the day came when three children were placed in his arms, and with joy he took them out to see his sun. But they screamed as their skin burned. Quickly he rushed inside, holding his babies as their mother came to help, picking one up only to scream in pain as he bit into her, draining her of blood. Sat Dei didn't know what to do other then to lure young women to his house to feed his babies. They aged faster then normal and as they reached a month old they were already the height of a four year old, and could venture out at night.
On a full moon night Sat Dei looked up at the stary sky to see the moon looking down. He cried.
It was Luna Dae and he remembered her last words, realizing his children were slaves to the sun because of his actions.
Grief coming into his sould faster then before, he did something no one thought would hapen. He took a branch with a sharp end from an oak tree, stabing his arms, legs and stomach. Drawn by the blood his children rushed and started feeding from him and as the sun rose he took his place in the sky, forever chasing after Luna Dae. Today we call their Children werewolves and vampires." I finished the story and everyone claped, some taking the time to process the loss and love that was in it.
It was a few minutes till the kids fall asleep and my thoughts wandered back to the outside, worry gnawing at me while I waited for my mate and the others.
"What does Pinepaw want with us?"
"Why are they here?"
"Will our pack be alright?"
The other wolves here were asking questions and Jack looked at me.
"Open the link for me and Chris." He mouths and I nodd, letting my mind focus on the two men I trusted.
[Are you okay?] Jack asks.
[No, I want this to be over and I want Tate.] I could feel tears forming in my eyes and I shook my head.
[The only explanation is that they want you and Julia, Ross must have told them.] Chris says and I nodd.
[Get some rest. If something happens we will wake you.] Jack says and I smile, handing him Julia to place in a basket before I lay down beside it, closing my eyes but not sleeping at all.