Chapter 9

"I don't need all these clothes!" I exclaim, staring at my friend as she adds clothes into the cart.

"One, you do, two, they are cute, and three, they fit you." I couldn't argue with her logic so I sigh and start walking towards the check out, Eeva pushing the cart behind my waddling body.

"C'mon preggers, we don't have all day. You need to look good to see the Elders." I stop at her words and turn, staring at her with wide eyes.

"You got-"

"An appointment with the Council of Elders, yes. So hurry your booty, we need shooes and make up and female care products." She says and I shake my head.

We reach the check out and I pull my debit card out, about to pay for the items.

"Put them on the same tab?" The checkout clerk asks.

"Yes Anne, thanks." The clothes are baged and I turn to Eeva as we leave.

"I could have paid!"

"I know, but you are gunna be a member of the pack soon so you get treated like one of us."

"But Eeva -"

"No buts, you are the next Luna so shut up and be good." I stare at her in disbelief before sighing and smiling at my friend.

"Fine, but lets drop the bags off at the car before we continue."

"Okay." She agrees.

We continue shopping, getting all the items I would need, the bags in the car.

"Wanna head home?" Eeva asks. I was about to answer her when something inside me moves and I smile, placing a hand over the area one of the twins had kicked.

"One minute, give me your hand." She smiles and I take her outstretched hand, placing it beside mine. This time two feet kick us and I giggle.

"Wanna start shoping for them?"

"Please." I look at my friend and we go back to shopping, heading to all the baby stores.

By the time we were done my legs were killing me and I sighed when I sat down on the soft car chair.

"Lets not 'shop till we drop' anymore." I yawn out, putting the seatbelt on and clicking it into place.

"Okay, we will just shop till we have what we need then." My friend says sarcastically and I role my eyes at her.

"Have you decided their names yet?" Eeva asks as she starts to drive towards Tate's house.

"No, not yet." I catch a glimps of her from the corner of my eye, watching her nodd.

"Well you still have a few months left so don't worry." She reassures and I smile. But my smile lasted for a few seconds before I turn my head to look out of the passneger window and sigh.

"Okay, ask it Laina." She says with curiosity and I fiddle with my hair.

"Do you think Tate will get over the fact that these aren't his pups?" I finally say after a few minutes of silence.

"Yes, he is just pissed off that you had to go through what you did." Eeva says quietly, as if reassuring herself as well as me. This was what I wanted to hear but I knew that things would be a lot harder between Tate and me.

I take out the bag that held the newest Samsung and smiled at the gold and white cell phone in my hand, turning it on, happy that the tech guy at future shop had helped me immensely.

I took out the sheet of paper and started to program phone numbers into it, startig with Chris and Jack's house and cell numbers, then Alex's.

"Eeva, whats your cell?"