Chapter 17

Beep
"Are you sure Laina?"
Beep
"I'm sure. Its better then letting my mate suffer." I whisper and Eeva nodds.
Beep
Doc slowly walked over to the life suport machine and sighed.
"Good bye friend." He says sadly before flickig the machine off.
Slowly everything came to a stop, the only thing working was the heart monitor, for now.
I handed Julia over to Eeva and slowly move to stand beside the bed.
My heart broke at his still form and with one last try I opened the link just between me and him, bending down and kissing his lips.
[I love you.] Tears flow down my face and onto his as I stand straight, staring at him.
Beeping
The machine was slowing down and I turn to walk away.
BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP
I froze.
The machine was going off and I turned with renewed hop.
[La....] it was weak but I knew it was Tate.
[I'm here baby, please wake up.] I link him, rushing to his side and clasping his hand.
[Laina....] his voice was stronger.
"What ever you did Luna worked. He is waking up." Mike's mate Ashlyn says from the door. No one else dared to come near as I clutched his hand tighter.
[Laina where...]
[I'm here. All you need to do is wake up.] I reply, my tears now tears of hope as I looked to the sky outside the big window, staring at the moon.
[Just open your eyes] I plead turning my head to find myself staring into forest green eyes.
"I...did" his voice is hoarse and I couldn't help but laugh as he states the obviouse, letting go of his hand to fall into his chest and cry, clutching the blanket.
I felt a warm hand pet my head and I look to see that it was Tate's, his face looking guilty.
"Sorry...you...waited." he whispers and I laugh again.
"I'll always wait for you baby, I love you." I reply with before moving to kiss all over his face, ending at his lips.
"Um, can you guys save that till after he gets better and are in your own home?" Eeva says, comming to stand with Julia in her arms.
"Can....I?" He looks at our daughter and I smile, taking her from Eeva and putting her beside him with his arm around our little girl.
His face was one of joy and I smiled.
Thank you Goddess. I pray, closing my eyes.
Everyone stayed there for a few more minutes befor Doc ordered them to leave, having a bassinet and other baby equipment rolled into the room.
I smiled as I snuggled into my mate, our daughter asleep in her bassinet beside us.
"I love you." He whispers and I kiss his cheek.
"I love you too." I say, smiling when he falls asleep.
I stay awake a little longer, watching the man I love. He did everything he could to protect me and I had almost lost him. I was just happy I had a second chance.
"Get better my love." I whisper before snuggling into him and falling asleep.