Chapter 16

"The poor Luna, not even mated fully and the Alpha is on his death bed."
"Shhh, the doctor said there is a chance he will survive."
I jolt awake at the whispers just as the door to the safe room was opening, not knowing when I had fallen asleep or how long I have been asleep for.
Everyone else was awake other then Julia and I stared at the direction of where the whispers came from and two teen girls stiffened as my glare landed on them.
"I suggest you both shut up and behave" I say loud enough, knowing they could hear me.
Slowly I stood and stretched, picking up Julia and walking over to the door just as it fully opened, Mike being the only person out there.
"Laina, Doc told me to come get you." His face was grimm and my heart droped as everyone else behind me stayed silent.
"O-okay. Lead the way." I say a little uncertain as I step out and follow my Beta, Julia in my arms.
Instead of taking me to the door so that we could drive to the hospital, he led me up to the second, third, then fourth floor where we headed right to the only door up there.
Slowly Mike opens it and the sound of a heart rate monitor can be heard and I cried. There on the only bed layed a very injured, very unconscious Tate.
"Laina." Eeva's strained voice reaches me as she walks over and hugs me, careful of Julia.
"We won and drove them away with no deaths, but-" her voice cracks as she falls to the ground hugging herself.
I stood there, tears falling down my face as some one takes Julia out of my arms.
"Go to him, me and Chris can take care of Julia." Jack's voice reaches me as he steps away as I take a few tentative steps before running towards the bed and collapsing on top of him as gently as I could manage, clutching the blanket that covers him.
"You...can't...leave...me!" I cry out, hiccuping between each word.
"Please...Tate wake up." I clutched the blanket tighter, burrying my face into his chest as my tears flowed.
I had already lost a child, I couldn't loose my mate.
I cried like I did on Kelly's funeral, praying that the Moon Goddess will not take him away from me...

¤♡¤♡¤♡¤♡¤

Beep
That sound was starting to get on my nerve, but it meant that he was alive. That I had hope.
Beep
"Hi Tate. The elders and I post poned the attack on Pinepaw till you wake up." I say, my words sounding hoarse. Slowly I put Julia on his stomach, watching her move slightly ontop of him.
"Julia is getting bigger, she misses her Daddy." This time my voice is a whisper and I carefully move Julia so that she was by his side with his arm around her.
"Please Tate, its been two weeks. We need you." I cry out, my head lowering to the bed as tears flow again for the umpteenth time.
"Laina?" I straighten and turn to see Doc standing at the door. His face grimm.
"What is it?" I ask, trying to sound strong, although my tear stained face says otherwise.
"We need to talk. It been two weeks and he is on life support. The comma he is in is getting worse." More tears flow and I try to wipe them away as quickly as I can, but I couldn't help it and in seconds I felt the doc wrapping his arms around me and letting me cry.
Finally my sobbs came to an end and Doc handed me a handkerchief to wipe my tears.
"I'm glad some one can sleep through this." He states and I turn to find Julia snuggled up to the man who steped up to be her father.
"Just continue please." I whisper and I hear the Doc sigh.
"We need an answer by next week, but wolves can't survive on life support forever. And his time is almost up. I'm sorry you have to go through this but as his mate you decide whether to take him off of it or not." I could feel his eyes on me and I just nodded.
Finally the door clicked shut and I was left alone with my mate and our daughter.
His life was in my hands now and only I could decide if he will stay on life support or if I let him go.