Chapter Seventeen

"Dear Adam, I bet youre wondering why Ive been following you. I was trying to warn you, Tommys real father Harrison is dangerous. I tried so many different ways to get hold of you, I know that by the time you get this letter I will probably be dead but please carry on reading and this letter will tell you everything.

On the 14th of june Harrison came to me, we were friends. He said he hated that tommy being gay has made his wife go a little crazy, he blamed tommy for his marriage breakdown. He wouldn't admit it because he was a trashy deadbeat who drank to much and slept with too many other girls. He would never admit that, but here the kicker. He told me he wanted tommy dead, I tried to talk him and Freddie out of it but he wasn't having any of it.

You see tommy has a twin brother, he lives with the real dad. Tommys mom thought that he had died when he went missing from school at 13, but no his dad picked him up and took him away. Freddie wasn't too on board with his plan, he liked tommy and didn't care to kill him. But the dad brainwashed him, I don't know how but he did with his many mind games.

I was there the day they went to find tommy, he was going down the steps from your apartment building. I remember seeing his dad pull out a gun, he aimed it at tommy. I tried to get tommys attention but he was looking in the other direction. I could call because the dad didn't know I was there. The next events unfolded in slow motion, I heard a scream and a shot. The body tumbled down 4 steps landing at the bottom, the blonde hair splayed out over their face.

It was horrible, Freddie had jumped in front of tommy shoving him backwards so he fell onto the step behind. The dad had realised he hadn't killed tommy and ran to freddies side, I remember the look of hate on the dads face as I called out to Tommy as his dad reached for the gun. "Run Tommy! Just Run!" I shouted tackling the dad to the floor. I wrestled with the gun as he shot it, the noise ricocheting around us. I managed to knock it from his hands throwing it into the pile of bin bags. He was so angry, he rummaged through the bags as I ran.

He found it and ran after us, that's when Im guessing you found the body. I heard the sirens, as his dad ran. I looked over at you as police surrounded you, so you see Tommy isn't dead. Hes very much alive, I know that not telling you sooner has led to so many problems. I saw how me watching you freaked you out,  I apologise sincerely for that. Tommy is across state somewhere I think, San something or another I don't know which one but he hates that hes had to run and leave you. I hope this letter finds you well, now you know the truth I hope you can find some peace in this.

Yours Sincerely

Felix Jones

I placed the letter on the counter and sighed running my hands through my hair, so he was right tommy was very much alive. I felt angry and disgusted, all this damn time. I hit my hands on the table as I stood, "all this fucking time Ashley!" I cried pacing the floor angrily. "He had good reason for it adam" she replied, "good reason! Hes been alive this whole damn time! Not a call, a message anything. Everything ive been through, all those night spent crying. How sick I was because of him and his damn lies!" I exploded knocking the glasses on the side onto the floor.

They hit the flagstone flooring as glass shards spread across the floor, "Adam his dad was trying to kill him he had to go" she told me her heels cracking the glass further as she walked over to me. "Its not the point Ashley, Im just so angry and hurt. Ive been going out of my mind here" I said as she grabbed my hands and pinned me in her gaze. "I know adam but smashing things up isn't going to help matters. You cant undo whats been done no matter how many things you break" she told me.

I sank to the floor sliding my back down the cupboard door as I pulled at my hair in frustration, this past month or so has just been one big lie. The stalking, the tablets I was now stuck on for god knows how long, all those bad dreams, getting sick, and the getting framed for something I didn't do. It drove me nuts, I couldn't get my head around it. The whole thing was just one big fuck up, ive learnt things I didn't even know. I seriously cannot wait to get out of this place, to just go back home where things are good.