Chapter 7

(Julianna's POV)

I woke and the sun hadn't come up yet. I looked around and Peter wasn't in his bed. I put my boots on and went outside. I searched and saw him talking to a group of lost boys. I sat on the steps and put my elbows on my knees waiting for him to finish. He glanced at me with his evil eyes for a moment and then back at them. He was impossible to read. I looked at the ground and soon I saw his feet approach me. I looked up "The lost boys have found his ship. It's time to go." he said.

I stood up still not looking at him. He grabbed my wrist as he always does. Dragging me around like a doll. We made our way into the forest.

We walked for maybe three hours and it was starting to get dark. Time was different in Neverland, the days were short. Then he stopped. "This can't be it." I said. "Of course not. We're going to sleep here and continue tomorrow. It's a long journey."
I found a large rock and sat on the ground leaning back against it. He sat and leaned against a similar rock in front of me and to the left.

"So how's this going to go?" I asked him. "Well; your parents kicked you out and you had no one else to go to. So you had someone track him down. Just find out what work your dad does so we can find out why you're here." He said. "I highly doubt they're going to believe me." I said. "If worse comes to worst, blow this" he handed me a whistle "Only I can hear it, and I'll come get you."

I took the whistle "Got it." I said putting it in my pocket. It was almost completely dark now. "Get some sleep." He said "I hope this works Pan." I shook my head and closed my eyes, drifting off to sleep.

(Peter's POV)

I watched her as she fell asleep. I had to admit, she was incredibly beautiful. I observed every inch of her. I cocked my head to the side and noticed something. I crawled over to her and knelt beside her sleeping body. I moved her hair to see a scar cross her jawline and go down her neck. I wondered how she got it. I settled against the rock next to her and drifted off.

*Next day* (Julianna's POV)

I woke up to a twig snapping. It was the middle of the night. I got up and walked around, trying not to stray too far from Peter. I heard somebody walking and whipped around. "Hello..." I said. The steps again. I circled around my self. I squinted to look behind a tree. Before I knew it an arrow came right at me. I tried to move but I just stood there with my mouth open. At the last second I ran but the arrow grazed the side of my stomach. I fell to the ground clutching my side and saw the figure run off. The cut was deep, and searing pain went all throughout my stomach and back.

I used all the energy I could to pick myself up and try to walk back to where Peter was.
He was walking around calling my name. When he saw me he ran up to me. I was standing there holding my side. Breathing heavily, trying to hold back my tears. "Julianna!" He sounded pissed. He probably thought I tried to run away. He came closer and realized I was hurt. "Wait, what happened?" I grabbed his arms because I couldn't hold myself up. "I don't know, someone shot me!" I breathed out, now crying. I've never felt such pain before. "Oh my god..." He said.

He laid me on the ground, straddling me and started pulling up my shirt to look at the wound. "Stop! What are you doing!" I pushed his arms away and a sharp pain shot up my side. I groaned loud. "You're so stubborn! I need to see." He said. He pinned my arms over my head with one hand and lifted up my shirt with the other. His face was straight and concentrated as he inspected the cut. "Shit." He muttered. "You're lucky it only grazed you. But it's pretty bad." "Am I going to die?" I let out. He laughed. "No, I'm afraid you're going to live." "It's not funny!" I yelled.

"Just relax. You're going to be fine." He told me. He pulled his bag over his head and flung it open. He took out a small bottle and some bandages. He paused. "What?" I said. "This is going to hurt. A lot." He said with a quick raise of his eyebrows. I squeezed my eyes shut. He poured some cream out of the bottle into his hand and lightly rubbed it on the wound. It felt like someone was stabbing me over and over. I screamed, kicking my legs that could barely move under his body. "I'm sorry Jules, just bare with me." He put a little more on. I groaned and cried. "What the hell was that?!" I yelled. "It's a strong medicine. You should be healed by tomorrow night." He said. I finally calmed down and shut my eyes, as he stroked my cheek.

(Peter's POV)

When Julianna fell asleep, I put a spell on her that would make her invisible to everyone but me. I lifted off the ground and flew back to camp in a matter of minutes. I set down around the camp fire.

I slowly walked around, examining every one of the boys. A rather short boy named Tom was walking out of the woods. With a bow and arrow. I appeared in front of him. "Did you try to kill Julianna, Tom?" He looked anywhere but my eyes. "No Pan. I was finding rabbits for dinner." He gulped. I smirked at him. "Wrong." I shot my hand into his chest, pulling his heart out. He gasped for air. "Nice knowing you Tom." I squeezing and the boy died.