Chapter 24

(Peter's POV)

I didn't realize what she was doing until she was already half way off the ship, and I started to run after her. I got to the edge of the ship and she was already gone.

I closed my eyes and focused on her, expecting to appear next to her in a second. But nothing happened.

Hook was now next to me and I turned to him, "Why isn't this working?" I shouted. He just shook his head.

"Maybe she just went back to camp." He said. Maybe she did. So I stormed off in that direction.

(Julianna's POV)

I slowed down my pace and was walking now. I stopped and looked around; I was lost. Camp should've been right here.

I started to wonder why Peter hasn't come found me yet. Maybe he didn't want to, or maybe he would be here any minute.

I sat against a tree and waited. The first ten minutes I was eager that he would show up any second, but he didn't. Ten minutes turned into a half hour, and a half hour turned into an hour.

I got up again to try to find camp again. I searched in every direction throwing branches aside, and kicked dirt as I walked.

Then I started running again, desperate to find someone. A few tears rolled down my cheeks and I wiped them off with my sleeve. I was running full speed now and started breathily heavily, frantically looking in all directions.

I stopped, throwing my arms down sobbing. I fell on my knees and then spread my body on the ground.

*****

I woke up on my side. One arm was around my stomach and the other was behind my head. I rolled onto my back and I still wasn't at camp.

The sun was still up, but was starting to set. I got up and walked on, not knowing where I was going. I continued walking slowly looking at the ground, and kicking small rocks.

I slumped around like that until it was dark, left with only my empty thoughts.

I was starting to give up hope, when the ground in front of me lit up with an orange glow. I shot my head up expecting to see a fire or something, but nothing was there.

I looked at the ground again and then gingery turned around, revealing a few boys, one holding a torch. I stared at them and they stared at me back.

They didn't look like they wanted to kill me, they just looked at me innocently.

"This has to be her right?" One of them said. "Has to be, it's the only girl we've come across." Another said.

"You were looking for me..?" I asked. "Strict orders from Pan; find the girl, and bring her back." One said.

"And he couldn't look for himself?" I said. "No, trust me he too has been looking all day." He said. "Well, we think. He just flew off, we assumed he's been looking for you." The other said.

Why didn't he just use his magic to find me like he always does. It sounded like he wasn't trying, he wouldn't need to fly off because obviously I wouldn't be in the sky.

I probably just needed to rest and get my mind straight, but I was getting really mad.

"Well let's go then." He said, and we walked to camp in silence. A while passed, "We're not close." I stated. "No, I don't know how you got so far out." One of the boys said.

*****

Eventually we reached camp, and they left me alone to go talk to Peter. I walked up the steps to his office, and swung the door open standing with my arms crossed and a straight face.

He was sitting at his desk leaning his face in his hands, and immediately looked up when the door opened.

His eyes widened, "Jules!" He shot up and ran to me, embracing me into a hug, but I didn't hug him back. It must have occurred to him that he was still mad at me, because then he pushed me away and tried to play it off, "Where the hell have you been?!" He said.

"I don't know I got lost." I said with no emotion. I spoke again with frustration in my voice, "Why didn't you find me?? I know you could've, with your magic."

"I tried. I don't know why, but it didn't work." He stated. "You shouldn't run off in a place you know nothing about."

"I had to leave you guys were making me nervous." I said. "You should have said something!" He shouted. I looked down at the floor. He sighed, "Look, I'm sorry." He said, "I was just worried."

"Okay I get it." I said still looking down. "I want to go to sleep." I said. He nodded and gestured at the door, and I left.