Chapter 19

(Julianna's POV)

I broke away from the group of boys, who didn't seem to notice, and made my way into the cabin. I didn't go entirely unnoticed, because Peter walked in after me.

I plopped down on the end of the bed and leaned back on my hands. "You're mad." He said, and I stayed looking at the floor. Then I finally talked, "You know, when the tree started shaking, they acted like they were going to die." Peter just stared at me, "Why are you tell me this-" he said. "Because you put me in there with them and I could've gotten killed." I said, louder at the last part.

He walked over and stood in front of me and I looked up at him. "You really think I would have sent you in there if I had even the slightest worry that would hurt you? No." He said.

He walked closer and bent over to meet my face, but keeping distance. "Do you not trust me?" He asked. Behind the wall of anger, I saw a hint of sadness in his eyes. Considering how protective he was over me, he wouldn't let anything bad happen to me purposely.

"No uh, I do trust you I guess." I said. "You guess?" He repeated. I sighed and fixed my sentence. "I know I trust you." I didn't know if that was entirely true yet, but it was what he wanted to hear.

His face stayed blank and I started to worry a bit. "I don't think you really mean that." he said. He grabbed my arm and a second later we were on top of a cliff. "Jump." He simply said.

I wanted to laugh but that would only make him madder. "Are you for real? I'm not jumping." I said and crossed my arms. "Always so stubborn. Jump, or I'll throw you off myself." He said. "This is the only way I'll know if you trust me."

"Or maybe you just want me gone, and this is the perfect way to do it." I said as I walked closer to the edge peering over. "Don't say that." He stated in an angry tone. "Why would you say that I don't want you gone?" He said as he turned me around holding onto my shoulders.

I started to smile a little bit, "What?" He questioned. And in one swift movement I jumped off before he could even comprehend it.

It took everything in me to jump, but I did it. I flew down through the air, it felt kind of nice with the cool wind over me. But then as I neared the ground, I started to get scared.  I squeezed my eyes shut just as I was about to hit the ground, and I landed in his arms.

He set me down in front of him and I was still holding on. "I knew you could do it." He smirked. I let go breathily heavily. "Now do you trust me?" He asked. "Yes." I said, and this time I meant it.

"I think we should walk back, it's nice out." He said. "Whatever you'd like." I said.
We walked in a comfortable silence for a couple minutes. "So what are you going to do with your new magic?" I asked him. A smile peered on his face, "Great things. Would you like me to show you?" He asked stopping and turning to me. I stopped too, "Go ahead."

He adjusted himself into a stance with his palms facing each other. He looked down with his eyes closed in concentration. He opened his dark eyes at me, "You ready?" He said with a smirk, and I nodded. "Close your eyes." He said and I listened.

I focused on the darkness of my eyelids, and wondered what he was doing. Soon it started to feel cool and breezy. The buzzing sound of his force of magic stopped, and I slowly opened my eyes.

It was bright; like really bright. I looked down and around and al. I saw was a hazy white. "Oh my god..." I said. "Are we in heaven?" I whipped around to Peter, and he started to laugh. "Of course not! We're on a cloud." I sighed in relief. "Oh, makes sense. I didn't think that's where you'd be ending up anyway." I said. He raised his eyebrows and smiled, amused by what I said.

He waved his hand maneuvering the cloud down, in view of the island. I backed up in fear that I might fall off. He quickly appeared at my side and wrapped one arm around my lower back, pulling my hips closer to him.

"Would you like to try?" He said smirking at me with his hand up. I looked at him and then put my hand up and locked it with his. I pushed our arms forward slightly, and we floated down closer. I looked at him and smiled.

Once the cloud was a couple feet above the trees of Neverland, I plopped down on my back. This was surely the softest thing I've ever laid on.

(Peter's POV)

I laid down next to her on my side, and propped my head up on one elbow staring at her. Her eyes were deep into the sky as she watched the sun rise. "What a beautiful view." I told her. "I know." She said. But she was referring to the sky. Me, I was referring to the girl next to me.

I turned onto my back and we watched the sky for some time. "The lost boys get a little rowdy when I'm gone for too long." I told her. She understood what I was saying and stood up. I stood up as well and zapped us back on the island.