Chapter 22

(Julianna's POV)

I turned the corner of the cave to see Hook standing there. "Ah Julianna. Glad you could make it." He said, but he sounded uneasy. "Yes, I hope I didn't keep you waiting too long." I said. "Not at all, I just arrived." He replied.

I walked over to him and we were now standing facing each other. "Alright," he sighed, "There's quite a lot to cover." He said, and I nodded.

"As you know, your father travels around selling things to different people. What you don't know, is that most of those places are actually magical realms. Your father is involved in a company. Their goal is getting rid of powerful people, who shouldn't have power. In other words, evil. To get rid of them, they have to find one's object. Every magical being has one object that can weaken their magic, and once at the point where no magic is left, they will die." He said.

He continued, "The company is offered a great deal of money to find those objects," he sighed, "Have you ever wondered why such bad people, like your foster parents, would want to adopt a child like you?" He asked. "No, I haven't thought of that." I said.

"It's because you are an object." He said. I stared at him blankly. "Once you turn 16, you will fully be useful," he said. "This doesn't make sense. Then why would he throw me off a boat if he needed me?" I asked confused.

"I guess, since you're not yet turned 16 you're not useful yet. But trust me, once you are he'll find you." He said. "...So who am I supposed to kill." I said.

"Why a boy on this very island." He said. No no no no no, I thought. "Peter Pan." He said. "Peter pan." I repeated. "Yes, I'm assuming that's why you ended up here." He told me. I could feel the tears wanting to escape my eyes.

"So how does it work?" I said quietly, looking down at the sand. "Well, just the presence of you will start to weaken him." He said. "Why?" I said. "You were just born that way. The Stars decide, there's nothing anyone can do." "Not until I'm 16 though, right?" I asked. "Uh no I believe it would have started already. But it will really fly into effect once you're of age." He said.

"I shouldn't matter though right? He's a dreadful boy and you don't even know him." He said. A couple tears rolled down my cheeks. "Whats the matter?" He asked. "I do know him." I said. His brows knitted together and he looked at me intensely and I wiped my tears wing my sleeve.

His looked turned to sort of a sad one. "You like this boy.." He said. I nodded, and he sighed. "What do we do?" I asked. "Well, I assume you don't want him to die, so it would be best if you were sent away." He said looked down. "Where?" I said. "Er, the enchanted forest, maybe. I know some kind people who could look after you. One has a little baby boy, she's very loving." He said trying to cheer me up.

"I'll talk to them and see what I can do. We can talk more in the morning, I'll be here for a couple days." He said. I nodded and slowly turned around and entered the forest. I wiped more tears and opened my eyes to see Peter half behind a tree. He was looking at me with a look of despair, like he was totally lost. My eyes widened, "How long have you been there?" I asked walking up to him, but keeping distance knowing what I could do. "The whole time." He stated, biting his lip and looking away to stop from crying.

"At least I know why you couldn't tell me. You didn't know." He said. "I'm sorry." I stated. "What are you going to do?" He asked looking up at me. "I don't know.. I don't want to but I'm gonna have to leave. I don't want you killed." I said stepping back a little.

"I've been having pains," he said. "I looked it up, my magic is weakening."
"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked, on the verge of crying again. For once he was speechless, and just shrugged his shoulders. "I don't want you to go. You're not." He stated. "Just for a little while, we'll figure out a way out of it." I said. "You heard him!" He said loudly. "There's nothing anyone can do!" He shouted.

"There has to be a way." I said. He looked away shaking his head. "When's your birthday?" He asked. "What's today?" I asked. "September 23rd." He said. "December 4th." I said. "Okay well you won't kill me until then so." He said. "So you're just going to live in pain for another month? It's just going to get worse." I told him.

He sighed, "We'll figure it out tomorrow. I'll come with you to talk to Hook." He said and I nodded. He zapped me to me room, and him to his. Slowly but surely we fell asleep.

Don't worry she's not going anywhere just yet. On the way I'm planning on this story going, there's definitely going to be a sequel. Comment your thoughts & what you think is gonna happen😯