Chapter 1

Just a side story. Comment, vote, review! Share. Also check out my other story <3

________________________________________________________________________

I'm not in love, this is not my heart
I'm not gonna waste these words about a girl

Last night I knew what to say but you weren't there to hear it
These lines so well rehearsed, tongue-tied and overloaded
You never notice

About A Girl - The Academy Is...

My eyes flickered open as my iPod alarm clock began to play music. I groaned and rolled over onto my back before I sat up and clicked the off button. I got up and stretched my arms and stared around my room. Boxes and boxes surrounded every space of my floor. Most of them were empty but I'd just been too lazy to take them downstairs. My mum and I had just moved back here to our old town Sunny Villa. Yes, don't laugh at the name, the people were really happy here for some strange reason. I grew up in Sunny Villa until I was 13, then I moved to a different town, things happened in my family that didn't exactly go the way my mum and I planned so we moved back here.

Today would be the day I started at my new school...YAY SCHOOL! Hah, as if. I wasn't exactly thrilled...

Maybe...feeling a bit risky was the right term...

"Chin up, head held high. It will be alright." I sighed as I muttered sarcastically as I gathered my clothes and walked into the bathroom, kicking the door closed behind me.

 I loved showers. I love the feeling of feeling clean and smelling like fruits.I closed my eyes and let the cool water wake me up. I stepped out feeling very refreshed until I remembered today was the first day of my new school. Breathe in, breathe out. I rolled my eyes and slipped on my favorite blue halter neck top, black skinny jeans and a pair of Lou batons. I put on some light eyeliner and mascara and went downstairs.

"Hey mum." I said turning into the kitchen sitting at the breakfast bench, she turned around in the kitchen, she had short but stylish blonde hair that was highlighted with lighter blonde bits. She smiled at me her blue eyes glistening as she poured me a glass of juice. I stared at her, she was already ready for work, dressed in a pencil lined pink shirt and business jacket.

My mother was the type of mum who worked hard to make sure she always looked good, when she was my age she was the reigning champion of beauty pageants and Miss. Talent competitions. I guess you could say I took after my mum, I'll admit I'm very good looking. I had blonde brown hair and beautiful baby blue eyes, a sharp defined nose, perfect pearly white teeth, flawless skin - the list could go on. Not bragging. Seriously~

"Ready for school Kay?" Mum asked using my nickname, my real name was Kayla Harrison. There was a bit of excitement in her voice and it almost felt like she was about to launch into her 'everything will be okay, you're beautiful and everyone will love you' speech. Not that I needed it.

"Yeah I'm totally excited!" I sarcastically said, unfortunately my mother didn't catch onto my sarcasm...Least I hope she didn't. See, at my old school I was the most popular girl in school -no joke. I was the head cheerleader. I had no doubt that if I wanted to I could dominate Summer High - my new high school but I had no intention of that. In fact I wanted the opposite. Don't get me wrong I love to be popular but I have my reasons for not wanting to stand out.

If my mother knew what I was doing...she'd probably lock me in a tower and never ever let me out. She'd think I was a disgrace to her hard work and her image. I rolled my eyes, it's not like she really cared about what happened in my own teenage personal life. I like to think she kept herself buried under work and alcohol to avoid getting to really know me.