Chapter 27

I should have seen this coming. I've been so stupid this entire time, I ran a hand through my hair and shook it up. Oh god. I paced back and forth in my room trying to understand how I missed this, the timer on my phone buzzed and I let it go for the fourth time. I didn't wanna know, I really didn't wanna know.

“Kay, I'm going out to lunch now. Need anything?” Mum opened my door and poked her head in.

“No, I'm okay.” I told her trying to smile.

“Are you alright honey...you look kind of sick.” Mum stepped into my room and looked me over and I flashed her the most unnatural smile ever.

“Fine. Go, you'll be late.” I ushered her out of my room, I heard her stand there for a moment but finally she left and I collapsed onto my bed. Oh god. Oh god. This is horrible. The buzzer went again and finally I walked into the bathroom, with my eyes closed finally I went to the sink and felt for the device that would tell me...if I was pregnant. I pried my eyes open to stare at the bar...two red stripes.

Oh fuck.

No...it's a mistake right? I threw the stick into the bin, expecting that to bury the evidence. I ran back into my room and slammed the door shut and stared at my phone. I have to...I have to tell Jase. I began to flick through my contacts for his number – no! I can't call Jase! He'll hate me. I buried my head in my hands. I didn't even have the proper symptoms...Sure I'd thrown up more than usual but I thought that was just from super bad anxiety. Heck, I don't know! Not like I've been pregnant before.

Maybe I should try again...I mean what's the success rate on these things? They could be wrong...I walked calmly into the bathroom. Of course I just used a defective one, but no. The second one came up with two stripes. I picked up the box and examined it, what are the chances of having a whole box of defective pregnancy tests? It's possible right?

I walked back into my room and paced back and forth again. “I'm taking this better than expected.” I laughed crazily at myself. Oh goddddddd. WHAT DO I DO?

“Talking to yourself again?” I froze in my tracks to see a sleepy shit looking Vincent waving at me from his window. I forced a smile at him and waved back.

“No...I uh, nothing.” I shrugged my shoulders. I couldn't even lie my way through this one.

“You alright? You seem very oddly freaked out.” Vincent commented. I stared at him, my mouth wanted to just yell it at him but I stopped myself.

“I uhm, what...I...Don't. DON'T TELL JASE WE HAD THIS CONVERATION.” I yelled at him before I quickly shut the window and pulled the curtain closed. Oh god. Oh god. I picked up my phone and fumbled with it as my fingers trembled. I dialed Ben's number.

­_______________________________________________________________________

Jase:

Did I pass out yesterday? My head pounded as I sat up in my bed, it smelt like Kay. Was she here? I closed my eyes trying to remember anything from yesterday. Okay...there was a guy...did he hit on me? No, I think he thought I was gay. Then...I think I was playing hide-and-seek and I hid in the bathrooms...I shook my head I couldn't think of anything. Nothing really made sense, I kind of felt like I was in the Hangover movie. I laid back down and rolled over, the sheets were warm and it irritated me – my face smack banged into someone's hard, rippled, toned stomach. I opened my eyes, what the fu-

“WAHHHHH!” I yelled, my headache heightened and I pushed myself away from the body until I was lying in a pile of my dirty clothes with my legs still on my bed. What the hell was that? I quietly picked myself up off the ground and crawled back onto the bed to see who was sleeping next to me. Carefully, I examined the sight before me, Vincent sprawled out on my bed only wearing his boxes. What is this mockery?!