Chapter 8

Here we are, again
Baby can't you see we can't go on, like this, whenever
I guess friends don't mean friends forever
If you, (if you) want this (want this)
You better know cause you really got something
I know (I know) you'll miss, every boy begging her for one last kiss

Oh oh
I'm sorry if I stole your girl
Oh oh
I'm sorry if she likes me more than
She ever liked you, she never liked you
I'm sorry, I'm sorry
I'm sorry if I stole your girl
(I'm sorry if I stole your girl)

We, we let go, let go when
The cars start spinning again and again
If you (if you) want this (want this)
I guess you got something I cant resist

Sorry I stole your girl - Friday Night Boys

I lay in my bed on Friday morning, I’d been ignoring Jase’s calls all night and ignoring Vincent calling me through his window at night. I’d been ignoring the world to be honest. I heard a soft knock on my door, I sighed and wished my mum didn’t want to know every detail of my life. At this exact moment...I wish she was one of those mums who didn't care. It would have made my life so much easier.

“Kay honey?” She opened my door peeping her head in slowly, I thought she might see something she wasn’t expecting. I continued to lie still not wanting to move at all, my eyes sealed shut. Maybe if I pretended to be asleep...or dead...

“Kay honey…” She called again sitting on the edge of my bed, I felt her hand on my shoulder. “Kayla…” She said less gentle this time, I groaned I hated it when she used my full name. It was then I knew she wanted answers. All she ever wanted was answers.

I finally peeled my eyes open to look at her, she was blurry for a moment so I blinked a couple of times before I turned onto my back. I ran a hand through my hair and stared at nothing for a good minute or two.

“What’s going on? Jase won’t stop calling the house phone.” She asked looking a little concerned.

“Nothing.” I replied simply. Because really, nothing was going on. I had no social life any more, the closest thing to it was stalking my old friends on facebook.

“Honey…Jase is your best friend and you being in such a sulky mood, doesn’t spell nothing.” She said and I sighed.

“There was a fight yesterday. I just…got angry.” I said shrugging my shoulders staring at the ceiling.

“This was over you?” She confirmed putting a finger to her lips.

“Mhm. Something like that. I don’t…can I not go to school today please?” I asked her, she raised her eyebrow at me and sighed.

“Okay.” She said and I smiled. Suddenly there was the double beep of Jase’s car and I groaned…he thought I’d be okay in the morning? I thought me not taking his calls was enough to indicate that I wanted to be left alone.

“I’ll go tell Jase you’re not feeling well.” She said closing my door and leaving me alone. I sighed, I heard the car reversing out and I relaxed a little. What would I do later? Vincent knew, I’m pretty sure he’d tell everyone at school…

It was over.

Why did it have to be so hard? I just…I don’t even know what I was doing. I was just confused…alone. This was my choice, I wanted to do this.