Chapter 7

Tell me who's that girl
Just walk walk (walk) in the club
Tell me who's that girl
Just walk walk (walk) in the club
Tell me who's that girl
Just walk walk (walk) in the club
Just walk walk (walk), walk walk (walk), yeah

Before the night is through
Imma tell ya how I feel about you
And I know I got some work to do
To make you believe that you should be leaving with me

I never thought I'd fall in love in a club
The more I get of you, I can't get enough
I won't be letting you leave here alone
So can somebody please let me know

Who’s that girl - Guy Sebastian

I yawned as I jumped into Jase’s car struggling to keep my eyes open; it was Thursday morning and I’d stayed up all night to catalogue shop for the pageant that was coming up. Unlike my previous wins, this was just a charity compeition...it wasn’t anything that I was used to. No big news feed or anything...unfortunately. As we pulled away I slipped off my top feeling the cold air touch my stomach briefly before I dragged on a light blue over sized button up top and a pair of three quarter pants. I placed my feet on the dashboard to try my laces properly before twisting my hair up and under a NY cap.

“You’re like a pro at changing in the car now.” Jase commented as I wiped my make up off and put on my nerdy glasses. He took his eyes off the road for a split second to smile at me making me blush. It wasn’t until he mentioned it, but I have been changing in front of my guy best friend...it probably should bother me. I mean if my mother found out what I had been doing and Jase had been a first hand witness to it everyday; she’d hunt him down and tear him limb from limb. I shuddered thinking about the monster side of my mother and decided to stare out the window.

“Yeah I’d win first place if it was a sport.” I said sarcastically as I rolled my eyes. I opened my bag and took out my phone, I looked at the battery…it was one bar. I sighed should have charged it last night but I was too busy looking at beautiful dresses.

God

, how I missed wearing my normal clothes.

At the traffic light, I reached over to Jase to find his phone but lost balance making me touch the inside of his thigh.

GRAPE JELLY! KAY. I’M DRIVING I AM FREAKING DRIVING!!!!!” He yelled stepping on the gas pedal breaking the red light, I heard the cars beeping. I held onto his shirt while the car steadied and sighed.

“Oh relax. Where’s your phone?” I asked him calmly; staring at him from my awkward position of me semi lying on his lap. I could see the tinge of red creep up his cheeks as he glanced at me before he turned his eyes to the road. I raised my eyebrow at his expression before ignoring it; if I didn’t know any better the wonderful Jase was actually blushing. Hah! Likely...I thought sarcastically to myself; it was probably the tinting of the windows reflecting the colour off his face.

“Other pocket.” He said sighing, I reached over him under his arms and retrieved his phone as he turned into the carpark.

“Gees, you really need to calm down Jase. Did you really think I was trying to give you a stif-” I said opening his phone; I stared at the screen for a moment, it was a picture of me and him when we were 13. I smiled at it, I remembered the hot summer day we were eating ice cream and he pushed me making me drop my ice cream so I wrestled with him, I won catching him in a head-lock. His father had taken the photo commenting on the ‘cuteness’ of it.