Chapter 4

Where we goin' we don't need roads, roads
And where we stop nobody knows, knows
To the stars if you really want it
Got, got a jetpack with your name on it
Above the clouds in the atmosphere, sphere
Just say the words and we outta here, outta here
Hold my hand if you feeling scared, scared
We flying up, up outta here

Here we go, come with me
There's a world out there that we should see
Take my hand, close your eyes
With you right here, I'm a rocketeer,

Far East Movement featuring Ryan Tedder - Rocketeer

__________________________________________________________________________________

JASE:

I shut my eyes when I heard the doorbell rang, rolling over and groaning. I heard footsteps echo up my steps and into my room and I put the pillow on top of my head. Stupid noises...

“Dude!” I didn’t move, hearing Vincent’s voice somewhere near my head. Stupid Vincent...

“Hey, Jase. Jason get up.” I felt him slap the pillow on top of my face and groaning, I finally opened my eyes and looked up at him. He smiled at me already dressed for school I check my clock it was 7.10, I rubbed my eyes sitting up.

“What the heck are you doing here? It’s damned early to be telling you banged a chick last night or something.” I grumbled stretching my arms, I'm really not a morning person. He knew that very, very well...Therefore I am expecting a very good reason as to why he was here...this early.

“Oh nah I need a lift to school, but hey, you didn’t call me back yesterday.” He said. I rolled my eyes, yeah I’m guy I didn’t think he expected me to call him back. Then something clicked in my head and I turned to look at him.

“What did you say before?” I asked him, grabbing some clothes off the floor.

“I said I need a lift. My car’s in for service today.” Crap. What will Kay do now? I took my phone and headed into the shower. I texted her quickly telling her Vincent was catching a ride with us. I wonder how’d she react. In fact as I took off my shirt to take a shower, my phone began to ring I accepted the call and put the phone to my ear.

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE’S GETTING A LIFT WITH US? WHAT THE FREAKING BANANNAS AM I GOING TO DO? OH MY GOD. CAN HE LIKE JUST WALK TO SCHOOL OR SOMETHING? JASEEEE?!” Her voice was so loud that I held the phone a good arms length away. Walk to school? That would take him at least an hour...to walk.

“Well honeybee, think of something. I’ll be there in 10 minutes.” I said hanging up, I stepped into the shower and that really woke me up. No doubt that Kay is freaking out, my lip twitched, maybe that was a little mean. Oh well.

___________________________________________________________________________________

KAYLA:

I paced my room, crap. This is the motherload of crap. I groaned and screamed into my pillow before I ran out of my room and swung open mum’s door, she was still asleep. Oh thank god. I just needed to get out of the house before she did, as quiet as a ninja I quietly closed her door and bolted back into my room and shoved my normal clothes into my bag and put on Jase’s baggy shorts and my top that said ‘YA MUM.’ I tucked my hair under a NY cap and slipped on my airforces. Oh shit. My glasses were in Jase’s car I sighed, I picked up my books and slipped downstairs carefully just as I reached the door I heard Jase’s double beep and a tumble from upstairs. CRAP. That woke mum up, I opened the door and threw my bag out for a moment.