Chapter 13

The story starts when it was hot and it was summer

And I had it all, I had him right there where I wanted him

She came along, got him alone, and let's hear the applause

She took him faster than you can say sabotage

I never saw it coming, wouldn't have suspected it

I underestimated just who I was dealing with

She had to know the pain was beating on me like a drum

She underestimated just who she was stealing from

She's not a saint, and she's not what you think

She's an actress, whoa

She's better known for the things that she does

On the mattress, whoa

Soon she's gonna find stealing other people's toys

On the playground won't make you many friends

She should keep in mind, she should keep in mind

There is nothing I do better than revenge, ha

Taylor Swift - Better than revenge

If there was ever a time to wash your mouth out with soap...it would be now. I mean pause, stop, delete and empty your recycle bin! How was this even possible? Was I cursed with bad luck?

I KNOW YOUR GAME GOD! YOU’RE OUT TO GET ME AREN’T YOU?

Nick Taylor.

I stared into his eyes feeling my mind screaming NOOOOOOOOOOO at me. He puckered his lips once more and I pushed myself out of his arms and shuddered. I blinked several times still stunned that actually happened; my lips...did not touch his disgusting smirking ones right? EWWWWW!

...

EWWW!

“I knew you wanted me.” He smirked at me before licking his lips and I made the face of death.

“GROSS!” I exclaimed. I cannot believe I just kissed Nick Taylor. Jase stood there staring at me with his mouth slightly open and I just opened and closed my mouth...no words could make this okay.

NO

action could make this okay! I could feel my world spinning around me.

“I now know what death feels like." I said shuddering and shook my head. This was too surreal; how could something so trivial a stupid bet turn out this way?!

“Today feels like suprise day for you Kay..." He said coyly taking a step towards me so much that he kind of towered over me slightly, I raised my eyebrow at him...what was he implying. “It’s a suprise for everyone else as well." He finished and before the words had entered my mind and registered - before I could even open my mouth to ask what he meant...

Nick Taylor’s hand swiftly grabbed the cap off my head and threw it to the other end of the cafeteria. I heard gasps and whispers as my heart stopped beating...I stared at Nick Taylor with wide eyes. The cafeteria seemed to spin and a deafening silence filled my mind as I realized what he had done.

“Kayla Harrison; former head cheerleader of Varsity highschool. Ice Queen Kay; also known as Jason Walker’s nerdy boy looking best friend at Summer High.” His voice echoed through the room and I blinked feeling my eyes sting from the tears that threatened to fall.