Chapter 8

Good job! Grab this opportunity Kaye. Now, ask him something not so suspicious.

"What do you do for a living Kenneth?" I asked.

"I hunt." was his only answer. Why is he suddenly a man of few words?

"Fine, your turn."

"Are you a virgin?" I instantly blushed.

"What kind of question is that?!" I asked, horrified.

"You said there's no rules. Now answer me, love." Pig!

"Yes I am a virgin. Don't laugh at me!" I spat, my cheeks flaming. "Where's your parents?" I asked.

"Dead." He answered as if it was nothing, but somehow, I felt a little sorry for him. I may not have a father but at least I still have my mother with me. And uncle Richard.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be. My turn, love. Do you find my smile attractive?" He asked and my eyes widened. Now, I'm starting to regret introducing this game to him.

Shit on an ice cream. "Yeah I think so" I resisted the urge to smack him and wipe that smile off his face.

The bastard even had the confidence to laugh. Asshole! "Do you have siblings?" I asked.

"I'm the only one." He answered and again, I felt a little sorry for him. How lonely his life must have been.

He crossed his arms, leaned into his chair, and laughed at me. "What came into your mind when you first saw me?" Another too personal question. Damn him!

"I thought your eyes were beautiful. Why are you here?" I asked.

"I was bored." was his answer. Well, thanks to your boredom, Lieutenant Cual's effort weren't put to waste. Somehow.

He bit his lip and drummed his finger, as if thinking thoroughly. Then suddenly, he leaned closer. I stiffened, his lips only an inch away from mine. He bit his lips seductively before speaking and stared right into my eyes.

"What do you think it will feel like when your lips are entwined with mine?"

I gulped. Feeling suddenly too hot. I don't know what to do. I wanted to move but I can't. What the hell is wrong with you Kayna?! "I-uh."

Kenneth tilted his head back and started to laugh. He clutched his stomach as if in pain. "You- you should've seen your face." He said between laughs. Bastard! I smacked his head, not needing a mirror to see that my cheeks must be as red as riped tomatoes in an orchard."

"That's it, you bastard. The game's over."

"But the fun's just starting love." He is still laughing. If I could only use my power and say "choke" now to punish him, I would. But I can't. Letting him know my power would only give him an advantage. Just to be safe.

"I'm sorry. But I was just having fun. I hope I haven't offended you." He apologized, still smiling and amused.

"It's okay." I said and smiled, exasperation forgotten. Gosh, his smile is contagious.

Something caught his attention and his forehead creased. "I'm sorry, love, but I'm afraid I must go. It was nice meeting you." He said, his face suddenly solemn.

"Sure, I think I should go home too." I waved him goodbye. Shit, I haven't even gotten any useful information from him.

"This won't be the last time we'll see each other, love. Don't miss me so much. I'll see you soon." He winked before walking away. His strides were somehow frantic and he kept on glancing sideways as if looking for someone. I watched him intently. A man approached him and whispered something to him, both of them looking serious. He nodded once and went their way to the exit. As if feeling my gaze, he turned on his heel and met my gaze. He smiled his playboy smile and waved at me. I laughed and waved back at him, blowing a kiss to his direction.

"Hmmm, seems like your doing a great job Officer." I flinched when Lieutenant Cual appeared on my side.

"Damn, I almost had a heart attack." I clutched my chest dramatically for emphasis. He raised his left brow and crossed his arms. Don't you bave some sense of humour?

"I want details but not here, someone might hear us. Better safe than sorry. We can discuss it tomorrow. I hope you enjoyed your evening."

Ow I enjoyed it. Actually, I enjoyed it too much I forgot to carry out my duties.

I didn't have time to respond though because he was already walking his way to the royal family. I went to where uncle Richard and Steffen is and spent the remaining of the night with them. We didn't stay for long though. My mood was already foul. I am so disappointed with myself. What will I say to Lieutenant Cual tomorrow?

Uhm good morning Leiutenant, I am so sorry, I failed you. I got busy flirting with Kenneth.

Or

Good morning Lieutenant, Kenneth got this smoldering emerald gaze and a very pleasant smile.

Urgggggggh!!!

When I arrived home, I went to my mother's bedroom. She was already sleeping and snoring. She looked rather peaceful and still very beautiful. I kissed her forehead and covered her blanket around her.

"Good night Mom." I took a shower and wear my sleeping garments. I sinked on my bed, letting the bed covers comfort and protect me. Protect me from hungry mosquitoes. Protect me from the cold. Protect me from my nightmares.

I closed my eyes and thought of a man with an eyes so green the forest would be jealous before finally drifting to sleep.