8

"So how long are you in Miami for?", Avery asked.

"Just a few more hours."

"Oh", I could hear disappointment in her voice.

"I have a concert in Atlanta tomorrow. My flight leaves at 10 am."

"Damn", she yawned. "When do you sleep?"

I laughed, "Well I usually sleep on flights and when I reach there I'll probably be able to snag a few more hours of rest before rehearsal."

Avery yawned again. I looked at the time on my cell phone. It was a quarter to five.

"You're tired?"

"A little bit. I'm not much of a night owl."

"So you're a morning person?"

"Definitely", she said in the cutest sleepy voice ever.

We pulled into a driveway of a large, beautiful house. There wasn't a gate so we were given immediate access the property.

"Damn."

"What?"

"Are we at the right house?"

Avery, not realizing that we had even arrived turned to look out tof the window. "Oh,yea. This is my home."

My driver opened the door for Avery and she climbed out. I followed her so i could do the gentleman-like thing and walk her to the door. I looked up at her home and admired the modern European style of it as we walked to the door.

"Wow. This is so beautiful."

"Why are you in awe? Im sure your YOLO Estate looks ten times better than this."

"But it's different for me. I didn't grow up there but you were raised in something as beautiful as this", I said while stretching my arms wide.

We made it to the wooden, double front door and Avery turned to look at me. "I guess you can say I was privileged as a child." She pulled her keys out of her purse. If this was a sappy rom-com, this would be the part where I bent down and kissed her.

"Thank you, Aubrey. For what was probably the best night of my life."

"The best night of your life?"

"You're one of my favorite artists and I not just got to see you in concert but I got to spend a long time with you after. And on top of all that you want to partner with me and my company. This night's been awesome."

"Well, Miss Fields, you're welcomed."

She tucked a few curls behind her ear and unlocked the house door. When she opened it, it was completely dark. I mean, why would lights be on at this time of day. But I would've enjoyed seeing how the house was decorated on the inside.

"Goodnight. And I hope your concert in Atlanta is as successful as the one here in Miami was.", she said as she started to walk through the door.

"Avery," I called out. She stopped walking and looked at me. "What if I'm down in Miami and wanna see you again?"

"Well, you know where I live. Just stop by whenever." And with that she slipped through the door into the dark house and shut the door behind her. I didn't move until I heard the sound of the lock clicking into place to ensure that she was safe inside the house and then I headed back to the car.

"Damn, you're pussy-whipped and ain't even got the pussy yet.", Chubbs teased when I got back in the car.

"Shut up, Fool. That sounds like something OB would say."

"I know. I just had to fill in for him in his absence." We both laughed as we drove off, leaving Avery's house in the rearview.

~~~~~~

If you're enjoying this story so far, please, please , please vote.