21

About last night? I don't remember much about last night.

I tried opening my eyes but they felt so heavy and I was extremely drowsy. My head was pounding and my stomach was uneasy. A wave of nausea washed over me and I'd need to throw up soon. Finally opening my eyes, I was happy to see that the my room was still dark. I was expecting sunlight to be shining through the window that would cause my headache to intesify.

Must get up, must get to the bathroom, I thought to myself. I swung my legs one by one over the edge of the bed. My feet touched the cold tiled floor. That shouldn't be right. What happened to my carpet? For the first time, I looked around. I wasn't in my bedroom, this bedrooom didn't look familiar at all.

Saliva started forming in mouth and I doubled over when I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. I saw a door and headed for it, hoping that it was the bathroom. I was right, I ran inside and reached the toilet just in time. I leaned over, using my arms to support my body and started heaving into the toilet.

"Ughhh", I let out when I was finished.

Surprisingly, I felt a bit better. I washed my hands and rinsed my mouth with some Listerine that I found. I wished that I had a toothbrush to use. Staring at my reflection in the mirror, I looked like crap. My makeup was still on from last night, the mascara and eyeliner had run down my face, leaving a black trail. I looked exhausted, I felt it too. My hair was all over the place. Ewww. I noticed that some vomit was on my hair. I was such in a rush to the toilet, I forgot to pull my hair back. I turned on the hot water tap and bent down to rinse those sections of my hair.

This was obviously a guy's room, there were only masculine products in the bathroom and male clothing in the closet. I had to have been really drunk to not remember last night's events and to come home with a complete stranger. What if this guy was a pervert or a kidnapper and I was being held hostage? I looked around for anything I could use to defend myself and saw a steel candlestick. I grabbed it and headed out of the bedroom.

I entered into a long hallway that had a few doors on each side. I'm sure that I heard snoring from one of those rooms. When I reached the staircase, I carefully and quietly went down them. At the bottom, I heard voices, still as quietly as possible, I followed the voices to a balcony and saw Aubrey leaning over the railing talking to two Ryan and another guy. A sigh of relief escaped my lips and the trio turned to look at me.

"That ecstasy ain't wear off yet?", Ryan asked. "Got you walking round with a candleholder and shit."

"Ecstasy?!", I exclaimed. "I was on ecstasy?" I put both hands on my face.

Aubrey pulled my hands from my face. "Last night kind of got a little wild."

"A little?"

"If it makes you feel any better, I liked you when you were all fucked up", Ryan added.

"No! It doesn't make me feel any better. I can't even remember when I was all fucked up!"

"Well let's just say that you were the life of the party", Ryan informed me.

"More like the living room. All over the table and shit", the third guy said speaking up.

"Avie, this is my boy, Gelo. Gelo, well you already know, this is Avery", Aubrey said introducing us.

"You sure you ain't still high? Look like you hallucinating that you in a wet t-shirt contest", Ryan teased.

I looked down to see that the t-shirt I had on had become wet from my hair and was now see through, revealing my bra. I immediately turned and went back towards the room that I woke up in.

"Don't let my cousin get to you, he's only joking around", Aubrey said after he entered the room behind me.

I nodded. "So, we slept together?", I asked pointing towards the bed.

"Yep."

And I don't remember any of it. I looked down at the oversized t-shirt that I had on, then back up at him

"And you undressed me?"

He shook his head. "Um. No. You undressed yourself."

"Oh", I said softly. I turned to look at the bed. "Did we...?"

"No. Of course not. I mean, you wanted to, but-"

"I wanted to?", I asked in disbelief, cutting him off.

"Yea. That's how your clothes came off. But I didn't want to go that far with you unless you were sober."

I wrapped my arms around myself and he stepped closer and pulled ne into a hug.

"I knew you weren't ready and that was the alcohol and drugs talking. I'd never take advantage of you like you that", he assured me.

Aubrey bent down and kissed my forehead and I put my head to his chest.

"Thank you", I looked up at him. "For not taking advantage of me."

"Why you feel like you gotta thank me for that?", he questioned.

I didn't answer but I could feel tears forming in my eyes. I didn't want to cry in front of him. I don't cry in front of anyone, not even my family. He placed a finger under my chin and tilted my head up.

"Avery, something like this happened to you before?"

I couldn't answer, I know if I did the tears would flow.

"You ain't even gotta answer that", he said. "You have me now and I would never let anything or anyone hurt you again."

I nodded and felt a single tear slide down my cheek. Before I could raise a hand to wipe the tear, Aubrey bent and kissed it.