13

I sat on the edge of my bed with my toes barely touching the floorboard, watching a Law and Order: SVU re-run. I was dressed in all black, from my leather jacket and crop top underneath, to my leggings and socks. My Yeezy Boost 300 sneakers were on the ground next to my feet. My brother appeared in the doorway.

"I'm headed to the docks now", he paused. "You should drive the Sentinel and take Allie, just in case."

"Why? I never drive it. And you were the one who didn't want Allisha to go in the first place. Now you're changing your mind?"

He sighed and leaned on the door frame. "Just for extra protection."

I sat up straighter and looked at him. "You feel like something's gonna go down tonight?"

"Why you always gotta question everything?" he threw the keys to the Land Rover Sentinel and I caught them. "Just for once do what I ask." He turned and left before i could reply.

I bent down and slid my feet into my sneakers. I had no idea where Allisha was and our house was really big so I was not about to search all over for her. I pulled my cell phone from the pocket of my leather jacket and dialed her number.

"Hello?", she answered.

"Did Vido tell you that he changed his mind about you going?"

"Yeah, I'm ready. Just waiting on you."

"Alright I'll meet you in the garage", I said before hanging up.

Allisha sat with a M16 rifle in her lap on the hood of the Sentinel, Vido must have told her which car we would be taking. She was dressed in all black as well, just like my brother and I. Whenever it came to making drops or moving shipment, we always wore all black. It made it easier to move about drawing the least amount of attention to ourselves.

"What's going on?", I asked while beckoning to the gun in her lap.

"Vido wants us to be prepared 'just in case'."

"Prepared for what?"

"I dunno", she shrugged. "He wouldn't tell me, but I overheard one of his conversations half hour ago. Some of the guns coming in are a special shipment from the Czech Republic. DJ and Vido were planning on doing the drop tonight but the two of the guys who were supposed to collect 'em showed up dead not to long ago."

"Shit. So whose crew did these guys belong to?"

"I'm pretty sure I heard Vido mention the name 'Raul'".

"Well let's hope that nothing else goes wrong tonight."

She nodded in agreement and hopped off of the car and we both got inside of it.

~~~~~~~~

We'd been driving for about fifty minutes when we pulled up to the warehouse. As usual it was deserted around this time with the exception of the security guards.

I pulled up in front of the large metal gate, waiting for it to open but it didn't. I honked the car's horn twice to alert them that I was here but still nothing happened.

"Tweety, why won't they open the gate?"

I saw one of the guards walking towards us. He didn't look familiar. I froze.

"Allie, you call DJ. I'll call Vido and see who answers first", I said pulling out my phone and dialing the number.

"What? Why?"

"I think this is a set up."

She didn't even respond she hastily dialed the other number and put it on speaker. I looked at another security guard, he didn't look familiar either.