18

David 'Vido' Fields in the media.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stepped out of the elevator to the fourth floor. It was Casual Friday and I had on a pair of black joggers that I dressed up with a blazer and some Giuseppe Zanotti heels that I bought last week.

“Good morning,” Nina greeted me with a wide smile on her face.

“Why are you so perky this morning?” I asked striding over to her desk.

“Because you're going to see your love interest after work. And I'll be right there beside you as your wingwoman.”

I laughed. “Girl you’re too much.”

“Am I?”, she raised an eyebrow at me. “You're the one wearing these tight cotton pants to help accentuate your rear end.”

“Lemme go to my office. I have a ton of work to get through if I want to leave on time today.”

“Have you forgotten that you’re CEO? You can leave anytime you want to. You could’ve even taken the whole day off to spend with Drake.”

“If I abuse my power all the time then I would never get any work done,” I said while walking away from her and towards my office.

I unlocked the door with my key and went to my desk. As usual, I set my handbag in the draw under my desk, but not before pulling out my cell phone and resting it on top of the desk. I logged onto the desktop computer. Automatically my ‘Stay Focus’ playlist, as I named it, started playing. It consisted of songs that were upbeat enough to keep me from falling to sleep on the job. Also, I ensured that they were never too upbeat to cause me to start singing and get completely distracted.

A few hours later my cell phone vibrated and the screen lit up notifying me that I had a text message from Vido.

Vido: Aint I told yo ass stop movin’ my shit without askin’?

Avery: What’re you bitching about this time?

Vido: My fucking money. Only you know where I keep it.

My brother was literally a human ATM for me. Whenever I need money, no matter how great the amount, I could always count on him and his stash. Of course, I had my own money, but I rather spend his. What else are older brothers for?

Avery: How much is missing?

Vido: Fuck you mean HOW MUCH! You aint know how much you took?

Avery: Chill! You aint got to type in caps to me. I dont remember moving anything recently.

Vido: 3 mil Avery! You remember now?

Vido was obviously not joking. He never uses my real name unless he is really pissed at me. Honestly, I couldn't remember removing that much money. I took a couple grand last week but it was no where near a million, let alone three.

Avery: Damn. You sure you ain't moved it and forgot? Maybe you was stoned or something.

Vido: You tryna say I move my own shit & dont remember? Fuck I look like? Some crazy nigga?

Avery: Im just trying to help you! But I swear I ain't move your money.

Vido: Then who tf did?

Avery: That’s what we gotta find out.

~~~~~~~

An hour later it was about ten minutes to four o'clock, meaning that I had an hour and a half left before I told Aubrey that we’d meet him at his video shoot. I got up from my desk and walked over to a set of cabinets and unlocked one. I pulled out a bottle of Patrón Dark Cocoa and put it in my handbag, thankfully I had brought a big one today.