Chapter Twenty

NOTE AT END!! ;)

Chapter Twenty

"About time you two got up." Dad says as we walk down the stairs and into the kitchen. "You're as bad as each other sleeping in."

He folds the newspaper placing it on the table and picks up his cup of coffee.

"I did go for a run this morning. Then went back to bed." I yawn as I get out the juice and food. "Want some?"

"Sure." Skyler half shrugs and sits at the kitchen bench. I don't think Skyler got much sleep last night from dark circles under his eyes.

"So, Skyler, you're one of Harper's friends at the academy?" Dad asks Skyler. Nah dad, I found him off the street. I stop myself from rolling my eyes.

"Yes sir." He replies.

"I'm glad Harper made friends. I'd have to say, I didn't believe she would make friends in the first week."

I hide my grin behind the cup remembering the challenges. Dad wouldn't like to know that Skyler made me eat worms so that I could be a part of their group.

Skyler gulps uneasy obviously remembering that day.

"What sport are you interested in?"

"Soccer mostly and I've recently gotten into lacrosse."

"You should see him play, Skyler got into the school team and is one of the best," I tell dad.

"What games have you watched?" Skyler asks raising an eyebrow, surprised I have seen him play. "I got beat up last week and my stick broke."

"Other than that game," I roll my eyes and face dad. "He can play."

"I can give you discounts on gear, Storm Sports has the best quality you can get."

"Stop boasting dad or you will scare him away." I mumble annoyed that he brought up the family company.

"No, that would be great, thanks." Skyler says with a slight grin.

"That's how he gets on peoples' good side." I mutter finishing off my juice. Dad chuckles and stands up.

"I'll be in the garage when you are ready." Dad says picking up the car keys and heads to the garage.

"Sure." I reply putting the dishes away. "Sleep well?" I ask.

He shakes his head no. "I was restless."

"Sky will be fine. She's strong and has a brother who will look and watch out after her." I reassure him. He half smiles.

"Lets getting going." I say and he nods his head in agreement.

I open the door and instantly stop in my tracks making Skyler bump into me. Before he can say anything I am already making a beeline back into the house.

"Abort abort!" I push Skyler away back inside. I close the door with a heavy sigh and red faced.

Dad and Bec are making out. On the car hood. Gross one Dad.

"Was that your mum?" Skyler asks, not making eye contact and rubbing his neck.

"God no! That was my dad's girlfriend, Bec," I tell him, embarrassed he saw that. I want to wipe that from my own memory. "Didn't like her on day one."