Chapter Twenty Seven

Enjoy!

The sound of the gun makes a shiver run down my spin. Who is crazy enough to storm into a school??

"Alright everyone get up and into the hallway!" A man shouts making everyone jump in their seats. His face is covered in a black mask hiding his identity.

Everyone stands up and follows his instructions as he waves a gun in our faces. I lower my head not wanting to make eye with the imposter.

"Well well, a girl goes to this school huh? I've got a special plan for you." The man grabs me by the hair and starts dragging me away.

I scream in pain and terror holding my hair

Ivan reaches out to grab me by the arms to save me but the man turns around in rage and holds Ivan at gun point. He glares at the mask man but does not let go of me.

"This school could use a few less students."

My eyes widen with realisation and the gun fires hitting Ivan in the chest sending him backwards.

"NO!" I screech struggling in his hold wanting to get to Ivan. My eyes become watery as he isn't moving.

Skyler and Reed crowd over his body attempting to save his life.

Without warning the man shoots again and again hitting anyone in his path.

I hopelessly look at the guys and shake my head no for them not to come after me. I don't want anymore of my friends to die!

Bodies of students lay across the ground in a pool of their own blood and the sight sickens me.

The students that are still alive are taken to the gym for who knows what reason but I'm being taken somewhere else.

Fear runs through me remembering his words. A special plan.

"Harper!" I hear my name called out and I see Leo and Chase. Oh no, they didn't see what happened to Ivan!

The man stops in his tracks and sees Leo and Chase running towards us.

"Stay back!" I shout to them and the man throws me into the wall to shut me up. My head pounds like crazy from the impact and I turn to see the man adding new bullets to his hand gun and points it at the guys coming towards us.

"Stop!"

Bang bang

Chase collapses to the ground lifeless and Leo falls to his knees gripping his arm in pain.

"Leave him alone!" I cry as the man holds the gun to Leo's head and I can imagine the smirk on his face as he stares at me pulling the trigger.

"You bastard!" I shout in rage with tears streaming down my face. I angrily wipe the away and get up on shaky legs.

I look at Leo and Chase on the ground and back at the man and glare.

He has killed three of my friends and I won't let him hurt another soul.

I charge towards him taking him off guard and punch him in the jaw. I wince in pain but ignore it hitting him again. He stumbles back loosing his balance and I push him with a lot of force so he falls to the ground.

"You stupid girl!" He spits and holds his head in pain.

Before I can say anything witty, I see someone in the corner on my eye.

"Stay back Reed!"

And the man shoots him and he falls.

"You ass!" I kick his arm making it numb and he drops the gun.

I grip my hair and feel my throat wanting to let out a scream.

"Harper!"

I turn and see Skyler. He wipes away my tears and pulls me in a hug.

"They are all gone." I cry into his chest.

"Stupid girl," the man grunts and I turn to see him pointing the gun at us.

Just as he is about to pull the trigger Skyler quickly steps in front of me and saves me from the bullet hitting my chest.

I hold onto Skyler as he drops to the ground and tears escape my eyes.

His breathing becomes slow and ridged and I hold my hands over his wound to stop the bleeding.

"Don't die." I sob. "Please don't die."

His hand reaches out to brush hair out of my face and I notice the light draining from his eyes. His arm falls limp as his eyes close and he's gone.

I feel the coldness of the gun to my temple and I freeze.

"To bad. You would have been something special."

Bang

Next update will becoming sometime in the next 2 weeks!

the phantom