Chapter Twenty Six

new chapter as promised :)

it's short but next time it will be longer and will hopefully be up next week!!

enjoy!

Chapter Twenty Six

I swing my legs out of my bed and groan bending my knee. It's mostly healed it just hurts when I bend it too much. Thankfully I don't need to use the crutches anymore but I was sad that I have to carry my own bag again.

I did use the crutches as long as I could but got caught out when Skyler saw me walking perfectly fine with out them. My punishment was to carry my bag with all my books in it since I made him do it longer than needed.

I have my things packed away in my duffle bags as of tomorrow it's the first day of summer vacation. I will be spending my days at home with dad, working at my new job and hanging out with friends before they go away with their families on vacation.

I can't wait to spend more time with dad, I feel like I haven't hung out with him much this year because of Bec. He's been working a lot so that he can have time off the same time school finishes for me. We might even go away somewhere or we will be lazy and stay home the whole summer.

I pick up my backpack slinging it onto my shoulders and put my hair in a messy bun. This heat is not fun with long hair.

I exit my room and see Leo leaning against the wall of our block as he waits for the others.

"How's your leg?" Leo asks seeing I have improved my walking.

"Better now, I don't have to use the crutches anymore though I miss not having to carry my bag." I adjust the straps of my bag tighter so that I don't fall backwards from the weight.

"At least you're better, I can't sleep on the left side of my body!" Reed whines and winces coming out of his room holding a wet towel. His face is still slightly swollen and the bruises are slowly disappearing.

"Next time you should pay attention to the game." Ivan slaps his shoulder joining us.

"Yeah yeah." He waves it off.

Soon everyone is here and we walk to the dining hall together.

"It's the last day of school and they give us one final exam. How ridiculous is that?" Ivan groans kicking at the ground.

"I heard if you don't pass you have to do summer school." Chase says making everyone stop, taken aback.

"You're kidding right?" Ivan asks nervously.

Chase shrugs and keeps walking. Ivan runs after him panicky.

"He's joking." Skyler says. "I think."

"That little..." I shake my head and laugh.

"He's such a good liar it's scary." Reed shivers.

"True that." We agree.

<><><><>

Since it's the last day of the school year today's breakfast special is pancakes. They have provided every topping you can think of to fruit and spreads but the only topping I need is Nutella.

While no one is looking I take a jar of Nutella and quickly make my way to our table. I hide it in my bag before any of the teachers notice.

"Jesus Ivan, how do you plan on eating all of that?" Leo asks and I look at Ivan's tray and I have to agree, Ivan could feed an army with the amount of food he has on his plate.