Epilogue Part One

Back again! the epilogue is being split into 2 or 3 chapters, depending how it turns out

so excited to finish this story (finally) and also sad

thank you for all the new followers!! i now have 1120 *gasp* you are all wonderful poeple!!

remember to vote, comment and follow!!

enjoy!

Continuing on from Harper's birthday, the epilogues are about the next five months of Harper's school life going through the stages of acceptance. Shock, Denial, Anger, Depression, Adapting and Accepting. Throughout this time she goes through struggles, not knowing how to feel or act. It impacts her school work and love for sport. Will Harper accept she has a mother and brother? How does it affect her friendships? And will her love for sport end?

Epilogue Part One

I open my eyes to find myself lying on my bed in my pitch-black room. I wince at my head feeling sore, I must have bumped it.

"Hey." I jump at Skyler's voice coming from the darkness. I turn on my lamp to see him sitting on my desk chair.

"What happened?" I ask swinging my legs over the side of the bed. I rub the back of my head hissing at the bump.

"You fainted." He tells me, rolling the chair towards me.

"Where are the others?" I frown not seeing the guys. Could they be in the games room?

"They went home, I'm still waiting for a lift."

"Oh." What a great birthday this turned out to be. "Are they still here?"

"They are waiting downstairs..." Skyler answers while I stand. "I need to tell you something-"

"It will have to wait." I cut him off. "I have to sort things out."

Before I leave my room, he pulls me into a hug. "At least give Josh a chance," he says into my ear.

We stand hugging each other for a few more moments before he leaves.

Time to face reality.

I quietly walk down the stairs, not wanting them to hear me.

In my house are two people claiming to be my mother and brother.

First of all, Dad told me my mum was dead. Second, why would he lie to me? There has to be a reason for all this. And did my family know? For sixteen years my whole family must have kept this secret. How will I be able to trust anyone again?

After all these years she decides to drop into my life now. On my birthday, when things are going well.

And Josh, I have worked with him over the summer! There were plenty of times he could have told me who he was.

Why couldn't he tell me?

I peak into the lounge room and see them sitting on the couch.

My brain is telling me to go in but my heart tells me no. Not yet. I don't want to face the music.

I'll confront them tomorrow.

<><><>