Chapter 7 | He Is My Dad, Afterall

Chapter 7: He Is My Dad, Afterall

"Good morning Bri." Ellen said, linking our arms together.

"Good morning El." I said, knowing that she doesn't like being called El. But she didn't yell at me, and I new that something was wrong. "Ellen, what's wrong?" I asked.

"Umm..."

"What? You can tell me anything. You know that."

"Ok, fine. I think I like this guy. His name is Brian, and he's in almost all my classes. He's really sweet and nice to me. I asked him out yesterday, and he told me he'll think about it. The answer is supposed to be given to me today." She told me fidgeting a bit. I grinned. She'd never liked a boy before, maybe little crushed but not like she'd wanna kiss them or anything. I was honestly happy for her.

"You could've told me yesterday. I am so happy for you! I hope he says yes!" I replied excitedly. Suddenly we heard a cough from behind. I turned around expecting to see Alec smirking and telling me that we should go to class together. It was someone else. A boy, probably the Brian dude that Ellen was talking about. I looked over at her and sure enough, her eyes were shining. I smiled and nudged Ellen in the side. "I have to go now. Can't be late for class!" I told them, giving Ellen a side smirk before going into the sea of students hustling to get to class.

I felt a tap on the shoulder. I whirled around, thinking it was Alec. Wrong again. It was Marcus from my Biology class. That was the one class Alec wasn't in with me.

"Hey." Marcus said as he smiled flirtatiously.

"Hello." I replied. "I have to get to class though, the bell's almost ringing." I tried to walk towards my Math Class again, but was stopped by him holding my wrist. "Please, let me go."

"I like when you beg. It sounds sexy when you do it."

I grunted, trying to pull away from his grip. Marcus's hand was suddenly pulled off from mine. I looked up to see who it was, and what do you know: it's Alec, my knight in shining armor.

"Thank you. I really need to get to class. But thank you." I said to Alec before rushing to class.

Once I got to class I took a seat next to Ellen in our usual seats. "So, how'd it go?" I asked, but already knowing the answer from her stupid dreamy smile.

"Oh, it was great. He told me he'd be honored to be my boyfriend, and then he hugged me. I couldn't help but fall for him." She explained.

"I'm really happy for you, I hope it works out." I commented right before our teacher walked into class.

'Thanks!' Ellen mouthed, an I nodded in return.

————————————————————

"We're going out!" Alec declared.

"But I don't want to!" I said, lazily laying on the couch in sweats and his t-shirt.

"You don't have a choice today. Now come on. Get ready in 10 minutes." He said.

"Ugh." I got up and trudged up the stairs. I wiped my makeup off and put on some new makeup, then changed into shorts and a crop top. "I'm ready!" I called while rushing down.

Alec drove us to a place where there were lots of trees. "Where is this place?" I asked.

"Secret."

"What? No, just tell me. It's scaring the hell out of me."

"Gasps and says, OMG! Brianna just sweared!" He said in a high girlish voice. I pushed his shoulder playfully and let him lead me again.