Unwanted Childhood

I'm always alone...

Mommy is never home...

I hardly see her...

When I do, she's covered in bruises and won't tell me why.

She doesn't even care about me anymore.

She claims to love me but always leaves me alone...in the dark.

She comes home very late at night with strange men.

I can hear them fighting sometimes when she doesn't listen to their orders.

All I can hear are obscene and dirty noises but I don't understand why...

Why is she screaming like that?

Why is he talking that way?

He calls mommy a whore but I thought it was a bad thing?

She doesn't seem to care...

One night, I want to cuddle with her in bed.

I wake up and rub my sleepy eyes, hoping she'll sing me a lullaby. I walk to her room and open the door only to see her on her knees, getting told what to do and when she was finished the man threw money at her.

"Mommy?" I asked as I opened the door further.

She yelled at me and told me to go to my room.

The man looked at her then back at me.

"Your mom's a prostitute kid. Get used to seeing this, having a whore for a mom. A slut, she's been plowed by who knows how many and for what? You?"

I couldn't really process what he was saying but all I knew was that whatever my mommy did was not a good thing.

I don't know who my dad is or why I'm even here...

"Go to your room honey. Mommy's gotta get back to work"

I closed the door and went back to my room.

That man hit her...I could hear her telling him to stop but he didn't.

I was scared.

I couldn't do anything about it...

Every night, she had someone different.

But one particular night, she brought other women home. There must've been 12, I was hungry...

I hadn't eaten in 2 days nor had I seen my mom until now.

I walked out of my room and all the women there surrounded me.

"What a cute boy"

"How old is he?"

"He's super cute ~"

"Come here big boy"

"What's his name?"

"That's my son, Yoo Jihoon" my mom said. "He's 7."

"7. My my, so you're the man of the house?"

My mom laughed. "Barely. He doesn't really do anything"

"Mommy, I'm hungry..." I say to her.

"Aw. Poor baby, I have something you could eat~" A woman with light brown hair said.

"You do?"

"Mhmm~ You wanna eat some pie?" She smiled.

I nodded.

"How much?" She looked at my mom.

"How much? He's far too young to even stick it in."

My heart was racing, I felt worried. What exactly do they mean?

"I know that. I'm not even sure he can get a boner."

The other women giggled.

"I wanna have a go too. With lips like that...gets me excited just thinking about it."

My mom looked at me.

I was scared.

"500 for 15 minutes" she said.

"I'll give you 2K for the whole night"

"I'll give you 3!"

"4!"

What's going on? Why are they all so happy suddenly?

"Jihoon, come here honey."

I walked over to her. "Yes mommy?"

"Don't call me that. You're not 5 anymore" she scoffed and lit a cigarette.

"Take this" she said as he handed me a blue pill.

"What...What is it?" I asked.

"Don't ask! Just take it! If you want to eat from now on you'll have to work"

Work?

I took the blue pill.

"Glitter will be sleeping with you in your room tonight. Be a good boy and do want she says, then tomorrow you'll get to eat a big breakfast okay?" My mom smiled and patted my head.

A woman with short black hair took my hand and asked me to lead her to my room.

I felt strange and hot. My vision was blurrying up now and I felt so uneasy.

She closed my door and locked it.

"I'm your mommy for tonight cutie."

She took her clothes off right in front of me. I looked away and my knees were shaking, why is she doing that?

She lifted my chin up. "Are you feeling hot yet?"

She began to touch me and I tried to get away from her but she forced me onto the bed.

That night was the most terrifying night of my life. I was hurt, that woman made me do things and she did things back to me. She...She stuck things in me...

It didn't matter how much I cried or called out for my mom, it was evident that she wanted this. That she was happy this was happening to me...

As I grew older, I hated her.

I hated prostitutes and I knew that what I wanted to do was have my revenge. I hate the women that did this to me...women in general cannot be trusted, they are evil. Some day I'll end it all, there will be no more suffering, no more pain, no more looking in the mirror and seeing a nobody.

No, one day they'll all be begging for my mercy. Wishing that they never did the things they did but I will show no restraint, one by one...they'll all pay.