21 Questions

"Dr. Slayer, how nice to see you again" He said as he flipped a page from his book.

"I'm not a Dr." I said.

"What'd you bring me today?" He asked as he set the book down.

"Clam Chowder" I said.

"How kind." He said with a smile and sat up.

"I couldn't bring in a spoon...sorry"

He shrugged. "I'll still drink it."

I sat down and watched him grab the bowl, sipping carefully.

He looked up at me.

"It's rude to stare" he mumbled.

"Sorry..."

He set the bowl down. "I was thinking about you last night."

?

"Me?" I asked.

He nodded.

"You see Ms. Slayer, I don't know much about you. All I know is that you're a woman, possibly my age and that you used to work here. Nothing more." He said.

"Um...Why is that important?"

"Well, I don't think it's very fair if you know everything about me and I know nothing of my attorney" he smirked.

"I see...well what do you want to know?" I asked.

"Everything, I've shared a bit of my story already but I have to say...I'm curious as to what you've been through. A Dr who switches to being an attorney? Seems rather odd if you ask me." He said then brought the bowl of chowder to his lips again.

"I don't know where to begin..." I admitted.

"Hmm. Well then, I'll ask you 21 questions and you just answer them to your best ability" He suggested.

"Ahem. But that could take up our time and-"

"I won't say another word until I know something about you" He scowled.

I sighed.

"Very well. Ask what you want but if it's too personal I'm not saying anything" I looked at him.

He shrugged. "Fair enough"

I took a deep breath.

"Do you know Dr. Charles?"

I nodded. "Yes. I do."

"Interesting. You know, I find it kind of odd that the two of you switched from being Doctors to a detective and an attorney. How well do you know Charles?" He asked.

"We were fairly close. Although, after we both left this place things weren't exactly the same. We drifted apart" I said.

"Was there romance?"

"That's kind of a personal question" I looked at him.

He sighed. "No sense of humor I see...well then, have you met with any of the idiots who are on this case?"

?

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"The officers? The prosecutor?" He looked at me.

"No...I mean how? You're in an asylum. It isn't like they'd be here unless they wanted to further question you" I said.

"Maybe you should meet them. Pretty interesting fellows...a bunch of morons. Maybe you'd be able to clarify those letters for me?"