Monster

I couldn't believe an entire week had passed since visiting Jihoon. Charles and I really had a connection, the chemistry between us had me pretty baffled. I was always wondering about what could've been this entire time but it seems being reunited suddenly brought all the happy back.

Everything was going wonderfully, I had sent the judge some paperwork to try to get Jihoon moved from that room into one with at least a window and if possible I want him to stay with me. I want to further study him and talk, I know it sounds crazy but I just really want to prove to them that he isn't a monster.

I know that he killed those women and those people from before but I know he wouldn't hurt me. I can prove that he's changed and despite the fact that the acts of murder cannot be forgiven, I'm going to make them change the sentence so that he lives.

The death sentence will not apply anymore and from there I can work my way up to getting him out of jail.

That's my plan at least...

I took the casserole out of the oven and smiled as a pleasant smell filled the room.

I'm sure that he'll really like this, after all I haven't seen him in a week.

I felt bad since I had promised him to bring him food everyday but I mean...I just got really busy and frankly I don't regret being with Charles.

We relived our happiest moments and I smiled at this particular memory.

We were just out of medical school.

-Flashback-

"Faline!" He waved.

"Hey Charles" I smiled.

"Where are you headed to?" He asked.

"The lab, I forgot my notes and folder." I said.

"I'll go with you" He winked.

I blushed.

"We'll be all alone~" He said as he held my hand.

"Charles...You know we aren't supposed to act like this at work" I looked at him.

"So? No one's around" He smiled.

I smiled back.

Hand in hand we walked to the lab.

"Ladies first" He said as he held the door opened for me.

"Thank you, quite the gentleman" I said with a smile.

"Only when I'm with you" He said in a cute tone.

I giggled.

We walked in and the room filled me with horrid memories of my childhood.

This was the very room that my father would keep me in for his experiments.

"Faline? You okay?" Charles asked.

"Hmm? Yeah...I was just...thinking" I said dully.

He caught on fairly quickly.

"Faline..." He hugged me.

!

"Um...Charles?"

"That's all in the past. You don't have to be afraid anymore" He said as he pulled away.

I slightly smiled. "Yeah.."

"Faline please don't be sad!"