Small Talk

I was so shocked by his childhood tale.

"Jihoon, I am so sorry." I said.

His eyes widened.

"Are you...crying?" He asked.

"That must've been so horrible. The way you were treated like an animal, you didn't deserve that" I said as I wipes the tears from my eyes. "Your mother was wrong, all those people that did those things...they're going to burn in hell for that"

I was just so touched by what he was saying, the sadness was apparent in his eyes but there was also a lot of hatred. All this build up of anger and frustration...Desperation and loneliness.

He was a child...

"Ms. Slayer, believe me when I say...those people are burning in hell. The day they died, the day I killed them...it was the most satisfying feeling." He said as he sat up and looked at me. "Getting rid of them as if they were an infestation of rats."

"Why didn't you just stop? You got your revenge didn't you? You didn't get caught so why?" I asked.

He sighed. "You say it as if it were easy"

"......"

"Faline, have you ever wanted to get rid of someone?" He asked.

"Sometimes it feels like the other way around" I said to him.

"You're hated aren't you? People envy you" he said.

"Unfortunately, yes." I nodded.

"Tell me this then, if you knew that you could get rid of those who hate you and you had the power to determine how they met their fate...then you did it, would you want to stop there or would you continue punishing those who make you feel worthles?" He asked.

"I...I don't know" I said.

"Hmm" He smiled.

"Faline, is everything okay in there?" I heard Boris over the intercom.

I got up and walked over to the intecom then pushed the button.

"Everything is fine Boris. I'll be leaving shortly, please come open the door" I said.

"I'll be there in a few minutes. Be careful"

"I will" I say then look at Jihoon.

"Time to go already? I was just getting comfortable" he said.

"Same time tomorrow?"

"Time isn't an issue for me. I never know when the sun is out or when it is night." He said.

There aren't windows here, just white walls, his bed, a small table and chair.

I looked at his portrait.

"Will you continue working on that?" I asked.

"Yes. I'll have nothing else to do after all" he said. "Although, rubber paint brushes aren't very good to work with."

"I'm sure the outcome will be beautiful" I said.

"The true masterpiece will be long gone, I'm afraid this portrait is just not going to do it" he said.

Charming, flirty and sly.

If I didn't know any better I'd say he's just buttering me up.

"Don't forget my home cooked meal tomorrow" he said.

"Trust me, I won't. My life depends on it" I smiled.

He smiled back. "Literally"

The door opened and Jihoon grunted.