Trial

I couple days went by and it seemed like Jihoon was coming around to the idea of being released into my care. Seems like the terrible beatings finally took their toll on him, although I have to admit that when they did those things it upset me. Sometimes they'd do it just because they were bored, on one occasion they ripped all his art work...

Boris tells me that the night he supposedly attacked the guards it wasn't intentional. He did it because he was defending himself but of course no one is going to believe a murderer.

I took a deep breath.

"Faline"

I turned around.

"Charles" I smiled.

He didn't seem very happy and I already knew what he was going to say to me.

"Got a minute?"

I nodded.

He looked around and suggested we talk outside.

"Is something the matter Charles?"

"I hear you've got a small trial today" He began.

"Yes. I do. I plan to study Jihoon further but I don't wish to visit him at that place any longer. If I'm going to prove that he's changed I have to take action"

"What kind of action?" He asked.

"I'm sure by now you know what I mean. It's reached word to the authorities I'm sure" I looked at him.

"Are you insane?" He looked back at me.

"The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success. Therefore, I've taken it upon myself to do this, it might sound crazy to you but not to me. I'm not going to let him die...even a sinner can be reborn"

"He isn't a sinner. He's the devil himself and if you don't stop this nonsense you'll burn in that fire pit with him" He said.

"So be it. I've devoted myself to seeing the good in this world and in every person, he isn't an exception. He's my client and I'm going to do everything in my power to help him...even if it kills me"

Charles scowled.

"Please excuse me" I said.

He grabbed my arm. "Faline, I don't want you to get hurt. That man killed all those women...he killed his fiancé, his own mother. What more proof can there be that this man is nothing but evil?"

"Evil isn't born Charles. Evil is made. Lucifer wasn't created with intent of overthrowing God, he picked it up along the way." I said.

"And he was punished as all wrong doers should be. Sent to the depths of hell where they belong" He said in a grave tone.

"Mhm. But doesn't the good book say that if one truly repents and changes their way for the better through the son of God, he will be restored and made a new creation?" I asked as I pulled away from him.

"Why are you defending him so much? Are you in love with this man?!"

!

"In love? How dare you even implicate that! He is my client! My job is to do whatever I can to let everyone see that even the most wretched person has some good. There's more to him, I want to understand him and see this situation from his point of view. It's something I would've wanted for myself in my time of need...Some things aren't meant for others to understand but when you can resonate with another lost soul it makes you more passionate about what you do and all you want to do is give them the help you never received." I said then walked away.