Letter to Slayer

I headed down to the police station.

I was nervous and didn't know what to expect but on top of all that all I could think about was Jihoon.

So slick and clever...

How does a brilliant mind such as his go to such a waste?

And when he almost kissed me.

I could still feel the sensation on my lips...

Even so, I couldn't understand how they'd know about me.

I took a deep breath and walked inside.

Unfortunately...

"Well well, if it isn't Faline."

The very sound of his voice made me bitter.

"Atticus..." I said.

"How's it going?" He said with a smirk. "Coming from a meeting with your doomed client?"

"He has a name and yes but I have some business to attend to right now. So if you don't mind I'll be going now" I said.

He grabbed my arm and looked at me.

"Stop wasting your time. There is no way in hell that cold blooded asshole is getting off the hook, a pretty face and beautiful body can only do so much. So why don't you do yourself a favor and give up already?" He said.

His arrogant smirk was more than enough to trigger me.

I pulled away from him.

"Why don't you mind your own damn business and let me handle my own. I don't need you to tell me what to do" I said with a serious tone.

He chuckled. "How stupid and naive you are. A woman defending a murderer, think about all the women who will hate you, especially the prostitutes. You're a fool faline. Do you really think that he likes you?"

!

"Who said anything about liking?!"

"Your reaction proves my point. Faline don't mix your pathetic girlish fantasies with reality. He's only using you after all, Jihoon is a sick and twisted man. In time he will end you so keep your wits about you."

"You think you know everything. Let's hope your own words aren't thrown back at you, at least I don't have to seduce my clients to tell me what I need to know. Nor do I go around acting all high and mighty knowing I have many skeletons in my closet or have you forgotten about Miss Sandra?"

He scowled and pushed me against the wall.

He grabbed me by my blazer and looked me in the eyes.

"You're going to lose. I'll make sure that he gets the death penalty, you're gonna see him dangling from that rope and I'll even save you a front row seat."

I pushed him away from me.

"Bite me"

"Come see me later tonight, I'll do more than that. I'd love to see what's underneath those clothes"

I spat in his face.

He simply smiled and let out a chuckle as he wiped his face.

"You're going to regret that Faline. I promise"

"It isn't wise to make threats Atticus, after all we're at a police station."

"Tch, those morons are just pure excuses of what a cop or detective should be." He said. "I'll see you around Faline. Best of luck"