Helen

•Past•

On the run.

In hiding. 

Taking a break from all my recent killings.

My mansion and everyone inside had burned to death...including Salvatore.

His family was sent money to last them possibly their entire lives and even better if they invested it in something.

There would be nothing left but ashes.

The master of the mansion too was dead and I had a new identity. Yoo Jihoon was dead, the fire ruled accidental.

I brought money along with me of course, enough to last me years but I wasn't satisfied. I wanted to do something more...perhaps once again invest in a business or maybe start one.

Something simple but that would also bring in money.

It took me a while to think of what kind of business I'd open but alas I did, Blacksmith. It was perfect for me. Business was great, I had regulars and I also had people who recommend me to others.

I'd open late morning and closed after the sunset.

Day in and day out I almost felt happy with my current life. I was able to get rid of those horrid people and I was making a pretty good living.

Moving and changing my identity could possibly be the most amazing thing I could've done. 

I really felt like I belonged here.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

•Present•

I opened my eyes and saw that she was no longer beside me.

I turned the other way and she was looking at what seemed to be a picture.

"You're awake" she said.

"Have you been awake very long?"

She shook her head.

I knew something was on her mind but I wasn't sure of what to ask or how to.

"Helen was her name..." she began. "Did you dream of her?"

?

"About Helen? No. I don't recall any dreams with her" I said. "Dreams are merely a thing of imagination. Tricks the mind plays on us to make us paint a picture of what we want to see. It is nothing but a lie"

"You kept saying her name over and over again. That's what woke me, it led me to wonder whether maybe somewhere within your heart you feel actual guilt for killing her" she said as she looked at me.

She observed my facial expression for quite some time.

"Do you feel guilty Jihoon?" She asked.

"Why should I? I did what I had to do. You see, the only person who has your back is you. She might have been the love I had waited on for so long but nothing lasts forever. I may not believe in a god but doesn't that book say: 'ALL FLESH IS LIKE GRASS, AND ALL ITS GLORY LIKE THE FLOWER OF GRASS. THE GRASS WITHERS, AND THE FLOWER FALLS OFF' meaning that life comes and goes"