4 • Adrien

As I walked out of class, my mind kept thinking back to Marinette, and how good-natured she was. She truely had a heart of gold, with a bright smile and slightly clumsy but cute antics. The way she stuttered around me was also quite adorable. I just never seemed to give much thought towards why she did that.
   I hadn't given much thought to jumping in to her defence either. I shook the thought out of my head. Chloe was being awful lately, especially since the honour ball was coming up.
    "Hey dude, got a date in mind?" Nino appeared at my side, just as quick as the snapping of someone's fingers. Just when I needed him.
    I sigh, not really having much else as a reply.
   "Not really. I mean, Chloe's definitely out of the question, I've been trying to avoid her all day, and so far, it's working. I don't want hurt anyone's feelings, but at the same time, I don't really know who I want to go with."
    Nino laughed.
    "You have one confusing mind. You do realise that Marinette's a likely next contender right?"
    I raised an eyebrow at him.
    "Why do you say that?"
    He coughed loudly and started 'innocently' whistling.
    "Uh... No reason... No reason at all... Speaking of Marinette, isn't that her?"
    I looked up ahead.
    And Marinette came tumbling forwards towards me, probably from her tripping over something.
    She landed face-first, at my feet.
   "Are you ok Marinette?" I asked, my worry for her health caking my voice.
    "Ahhh.... Yeah, sure you nice look dayto, gah, I meant, you today nice look, no, um... You look today nice." She stutters as I reach down to lend her a hand. She gladly excepts it and I pull her up from the ground.
    She started blushing furiously, tainting her pale cheeks a shade of pink.
    "So, ... Well... You know about the upcoming ball right? Heh heh.... I mean, of course you do, cause if you didn't... Oh who am I kidding?... Well... Uh, would you like to go with me?"
    I blinked at her, not sure what to say.
    Something in my mind nagged at me. Almost a force of attraction, like we were getting pulled together like magnets. Something in my heart just wanted me to agree with her. So I did the appropriate thing; follow my heart. Ladybug may have claimed it, but that didn't mean that I couldn't accept Marinette as a partner. After all, it was only as friends, correct?
    "Um, why would I-"
    But she cut me off before I could say more.
    "Oh... Look, I understand if you don't want to go out with me—"
     What?
    "Who said anything about not going with you?" I asked.
    "What?" I almost laughed at the hopefulness and wonder in her voice.
    I grinned.
    "I was about to say—why on earth would I say no?"
    That look on her face was enough to make my heart melt, the way her expression turned from hopeful and sad from one split second, and complete and utter pure joy the next.
    "T-th-thanks!" She stuttered, blushing harder than ever, with a big, goofy smile on her face.
    "No problem."
    I flashed her a smile and at that point, I didn't notice at all that Nino had gone off to who knows where, and I couldn't care at all. Because I wasn't exactly questioning the wonderful warmth in my heart, but wondering exactly how well this  simple honour dance could go.
     As I stepped into the limousine, I offered Marinette a wave.
    "It would be a pleasure to have you as my partner." I murmured to her, but in reality, to myself, because the doors had closed and she couldn't hear me any longer.

🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞

     Plagg flew out of my bag. Right, now I have to get that tuxedo on. With the green tie. I still couldn't get my head over why my father had actually allowed me to attended this party. It was one of the rare times he had ever let me outside the house to go to an event. Tearing myself away from my thoughts, I reached for the formal attire laid out on the couch in my bedroom. Plagg flies to my side. I expected for him to say something annoying but instead:
    "Need help with anything?"
    I almost fainted on the inside. Plagg never says that.
    Instantly, I knew something was up.
    "What is it?" I narrowed my eyes at my kwami.
   "It's destiny." He replied casually with a shrug of his shoulders. As if it was the most obvious thing in the world.
   I raised an eyebrow.
   "Don't ask."
    I looked around. Where was that mask?
    Plagg's eyes gleamed.
    I scowled at him, highly suspicious of the cheese-lover.
    "What!? I didn't eat it!"
     Yeah right, with that mouth and stomach of his, he would try to eat anything if he was starving. I thought quietly to myself.
     "Sure you didn't...at least help me out will you?"
     "With pleasure." I raised an eyebrow, skepticism coating my every movement. 
    He waved his tiny arms and I felt my usual chatnoir mask land over my face. Cat ears also settled down into my hair.
    "Puurrrfect." Plagg purred
    I roll my eyes.
    "Let's get going."

🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞

    Where are you Marinette?
    Of course, Chloe had looked pretty mad when she heard that Marinette was going to be my masked princess tonight, so I was trying my best not to bump into the daughter of the mayor. But as fate had it, as soon as I turned around from the drinks table, I turned into, none other, than the famous Chloe Bourgeois in her long poofy white sparkly dress and golden feathered mask.
    "Hey you!" she barged past the student, shoving them out of her way without a second thought as she made her way towards me. She got right up into my face, so close that I tried hard not to flinch because I could feel and smell her warm strawberry breath. I braced myself for Chloe's famously annoying flirting. "Do you know where my Adrikins is?"
    Her question caught me off-guard. I raised my eyebrow in surprise. Chloe doesn't recognise me?
    "Uh... No, sorry I haven't seen him anywhere." I replied in confusion. She just huffed, turned her heel and sashayed off to another person.
    I opened my left pocket slightly.
    "Plagg, an explanation if you have one would be useful right now."
    Plagg grumbled and poked his head out.
    "You're wearing your normal Catnoir mask Adrien. That means no one will recognise you at all." he explained lazily, as if it was a fact that he had already explained to me.
    I sighed, grabbing a small piece of cheese from the food table and tossing it into my pocket. I could hear muffled sounds of Plagg gobbling the cheese up, ending with a burp.
    Ew. I have the worst luck. At least, this would be a night to enjoy since I've finally got Chloe off my back.
    Music came on, announcing that the dance was beginning. Some of my classmates had gotten a partner, but most of them were just talking to each other and enjoying the party.
    Then, out of the corner of my eye, one of the amber double doors opened slightly, to reveal an absolutely stunning girl. One by one, students stopped doing what they were doing to stare at the new arrival. Her blue eyes scanned the crowds, blushing as she entered, laying her eyes on me for a moment as she hurried over towards the crowds, vanishing among them. I felt my heart ache with longing, even though I had just seen her. The mask on her face reminded me so much of Ladybug.
    What am I thinking? I ask myself, astonished I could think of something like that. A touch on my shoulder made me turn around. As if on cue, a calming waltz came over the speakers, announcing a formal dance. The girl who had entered earlier now stood infront of me.
    "Y-you l-l-look amazing." I stuttered, taking in every detail of her and her dress. The top of her dress cupped her figure tightly, showing her curves but ending just above her waist in a sharp "V" formation. It was a mixture of red and black sequins, giving ladybug colours. From the sides where the brim of the top of the dress started from, were light short translucent cloth sleeves that drooped down from either side. From the waist below, the dress went straight down but was not closely cropped with her body. It flared out like wings, crimson in colour. Her style was finished with a red bracelet and pendent with braids coming from each side of her indigo hair to be tied up in a bun.
     "Thanks, you too." she smiled, blushing.
     Weird, I swear, she looks so familiar.... My brain so helpfully implied.
    Mr. Damocles' voice suddenly came over the speakers, interrupting our moment together.
    "Would all who would like to be in the running for being the King and queen of this honourable celebration please come up to the dance floor with a partner and arrange all of yourselves into a circle. Thank you for your attention. Goodnight."
    "Would you umm.... Like to dance?" the girl interrupted, smiling at me with red cheeks.
    "Sure." I replied, even though I knew that I should be waiting for Marinette. But this felt so... right. I felt like such a betrayer.
     We moved onto the dance floor, arranging ourselves in the circle next to Nathanael and Juleka.
    I smiled into the mystery girl's bluebell eyes as we swayed to the music, me leading her.
    Together.

Check out the video!